• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

nhh223

OC: H&K USP .45 (fullsize) in a Blackhawk Serpa

No CCW yet. Debating on a Sig P220 for concealed.

Guy Halbert

Depends on how I feel.

I usually carry around a SCCY CPX-2 9mm. It's so light and snugly fits in my holster, but I've had a number of people ask me if the gun was real (due to its small size). I'm not sure if that's a good thing to hear. For this reason, I switch between that and a Lionheart LH9 9mm, which I suppose looks more convincing. Both are good guns, very underrated.

Debating on getting a CCW permit, but where I live it really isn't necessary. I prefer open carry anyway.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Depends on how I feel.

I usually carry around a SCCY CPX-2 9mm. It's so light and snugly fits in my holster, but I've had a number of people ask me if the gun was real (due to its small size). I'm not sure if that's a good thing to hear. For this reason, I switch between that and a Lionheart LH9 9mm, which I suppose looks more convincing. Both are good guns, very underrated.

Debating on getting a CCW permit, but where I live it really isn't necessary. I prefer open carry anyway.
Welcome to OCDO Guy - lots of good people here, many in your home state. Hope you stay, contribute, and enjoy.

DWCook

Activist Member
I pulled the trigger on a M&P .45 full size. Comfortable and not really wanting to throw a bunch of accessories on her. I am getting a laser for it, but other than that it's staying plain.

NomadMan

After perusing through this thread I noticed only a couple of other revolver carriers and even a couple of SAA carriers. My rig is a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .45 Colt in a Bianchi leather holster. The knife is my Grandfathers from WW1, which I added a bone handle and the leather sheath. I also have a full size Sig Sauer P250 that I carry on occasion, but I much prefer my Single Action, just kind of old-fashioned I guess :cool:

IMG_5164.jpg

WalkingWolf

After perusing through this thread I noticed only a couple of other revolver carriers and even a couple of SAA carriers. My rig is a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .45 Colt in a Bianchi leather holster. The knife is my Grandfathers from WW1, which I added a bone handle and the leather sheath. I also have a full size Sig Sauer P250 that I carry on occasion, but I much prefer my Single Action, just kind of old-fashioned I guess :cool:

View attachment 12522

Thumbs up!

When I get around to it I will post a image of my knife. A USAF survival knife I found with a rotted handle and rusted blade. It now has a black oxidized blade and a bamboo handle with a Indian nickle pommel. Wrapping is surveyors string from putting up fencing.

6b4c8467-7609-4c18-93aa-2a8dc0cd2092_zpssez8yyhk.jpg

Last edited:

NomadMan

Thumbs up!

When I get around to it I will post a image of my knife. A USAF survival knife I found with a rotted handle and rusted blade. It now has a black oxidized blade and a bamboo handle with a Indian nickle pommel. Wrapping is surveyors string from putting up fencing.

6b4c8467-7609-4c18-93aa-2a8dc0cd2092_zpssez8yyhk.jpg

I love that knife. I've been OCing a knife as long as I could use one and have loved knives ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeInAZ

Ok - OK just a word of caution folks! Most states DO NOT have knife preemption. What does that mean? You may very well be ok per state law, however any little tin pot dictator town can have their own knife laws & enforce them.

NomadMan

Ok - OK just a word of caution folks! Most states DO NOT have knife preemption. What does that mean? You may very well be ok per state law, however any little tin pot dictator town can have their own knife laws & enforce them.

That is very good advice, but it is a very sad fact, which further proves the decline of this once great nation. Knives and guns have always been a staple in this country and to me symbols of our freedom.

FreeInAZ

That is very good advice, but it is a very sad fact, which further proves the decline of this once great nation. Knives and guns have always been a staple in this country and to me symbols of our freedom.

Quoted for truth! :thumbsup:

Spartan65

My OC 1911

Hello all,

I'm new here, I found the forum searching for some OC info.
I open carry here in New Mexico, Santa Fe to be exact.
I carry a .45 acp Ruger SR1911 in a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard Belt Holster
260DD751-7FD7-4081-922E-7D1B7660D5DF_zpsehoh6ge5.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello all,

I'm new here, I found the forum searching for some OC info.
I open carry here in New Mexico, Santa Fe to be exact.
I carry a .45 acp Ruger SR1911 in a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard Belt Holster

Welcome to our world!

Hope you carry that with a full mag inserted and the hammer back as designed :)