• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your open carry experiences and encounters

Damol

Was in Mazzio's in Grove at about 5:00 PM tonight and spoted an older gentlman with a S&W M&P in a serpa on his right hip. I dont think anyone other than myself and one waittress noticed. I know she did when she was slow to place his drink on the table but she settled down and seemed to be Ok with it.

Last edited:

glock22oc

This last Saturday, I attended the 50th annual Rattlesnake Derby Flea Market & Carnival, in Mangum, OK. There was thousands of people walking around and as usual, I open carried allover the place for several hours. No one seemed to notice or care, just as it should be. I did spot 2 other gentlemen that were also getting some sun on their guns :) I didn't see any gun fights or blood running in the streets, so I reckon it all turned out fine. :lol:

And I haven't heard of any problems from the Norman music festival. So, I guess all the anti gun hype for that event was all for nothing. LOL..

I have open carried daily since it became legal, without any issues. Open carry in Oklahoma seems to be a non issue, as it should be! Watch your 6 and carry on!

hrdware

Had a Oklahoma county sheriff in line behind me at the gas station this morning. Not a word was said.

websterz

Today I open carried all day, as usual. I went into a c-store and nobody looked at my pistol as far as I could tell. It stayed in the holster and didn't cause any mayhem. The streets didn't run red with the blood of innocent bystanders, and the police were not called out. :)

papa bear

Today I open carried all day, as usual. I went into a c-store and nobody looked at my pistol as far as I could tell. It stayed in the holster and didn't cause any mayhem. The streets didn't run red with the blood of innocent bystanders, and the police were not called out. :)

I also live within two states that is constitutional honoring states. It is nothing to see someone carrying.
I wish people from Mamby pamby states could read how scripting it can.be

audiophile

Thanks!

As for 7-11, it seems to be different from store to store. I've seen some posted and others not posted.
If you look at both entrances, I have noticed that often one door will have it and the other will not. I simply use the door that does not have it. I have never OC'D but always carry.

mynameiscolb

If you look at both entrances, I have noticed that often one door will have it and the other will not. I simply use the door that does not have it. I have never OC'D but always carry.
Excellent point. However the location on May & Hefner did not appear to be posted on either entrance. Then again, my wife says I'm blind all the time. So I could be wrong :)

Last edited:

mynameiscolb

Open carried quite a bit today. Trying to get comfortable. First stop was Cajun King restaurant. Good food and great service. No questions or looks. Just another casual customer in their eyes.

From there, we went to Dick's Sporting Goods, to buy some stuff for our kiddo. There was not a gun buster sign, but once inside, I did notice something that said to "Check carry firearms at customer service". There was nobody at the CS desk, so we just continue shopping. Nobody seemed to care, anyway.

Went to Target and had a couple of intriguing looks. But again, uneventful. After that, our final stop was the Corporate owned AT&T store, to look into getting an upgrade. The rep was extremely professional and did a great job. He asked if I worked in law enforcement, to which I replied nope, just open carrying. He smiled and said "Good. If we don't use em, we might lose em."

All in all, pretty good day. I'm getting the hang of it.

Glock 1st fan

Thanks!

As for 7-11, it seems to be different from store to store. I've seen some posted and others not posted.

Well there have been a few small groups that really raised a stink to 7-11 about open carry. Though we have no real group like Open Carry Texas to spear head movements here 7-11 got the drift and rumor has it that they agreed to not put up any more signs. The rumor is they will not say anything to Pro-Americans who appreciate the constitution and thus no new signs will be put up.

The rumor was from a few people I have heard from but thus far it appears it may be truthful. I am thankful for the handful of people who worked hard on this for us.

mynameiscolb

OC'd at Chelinos on May and Hefner. They had a sign on the door that said "Protected by 2nd amendment security". Sounds like an invitation to me. :p

Had a good dinner, and the manager thanked me for carrying and and doing business with them. Love it.

okiephlyer

Broken Arrow has Tuesday night concerts in the park on South Main. Went tonight to listen to Springstreet, a good ole bluegrass band. OC'd all around the grounds, another non-event. Good music.

woodyrr

OC'd at Chelinos on May and Hefner. They had a sign on the door that said "Protected by 2nd amendment security". Sounds like an invitation to me. :p

Had a good dinner, and the manager thanked me for carrying and and doing business with them. Love it.

This morning, I swung by the Chelinos at Reno and Sooner that I used to patronize and, unfortunately, it appears the management there still believes they are better protected by the "no open carry" sign that has been on their doors for over two years now.

audiophile

I will snap one today.
Did not get to take a pic but I noticed that it varies by location. The one on Air Depot does not have one. The one on 15th and Key does. The one at 10th and Air Depot does and the one at 15th and Post has one on one door but not the other. Same with the one at 73rd and S. May.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk