• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help stop slob shooters on Nat'l forest

Dave Workman

Enumclaw meetingTuesday evening at DNR building 6:30 p.m.

It’s not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

:banghead:
While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there’s a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/article/exc...weather-that-could-burn-recreational-shooters

Last edited by a moderator:

EMNofSeattle

Enumclaw meetingTuesday evening at DNR building 6:30 p.m.

It’s not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

:banghead:
While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there’s a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

http://www.examiner.com/article/exc...weather-that-could-burn-recreational-shooters

Well I'm off the day so I may show up

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_pro2a

I did a word search of your article for "open."

Nope, not included.

So, what does this self-promotional post have to do with open carry?

retrodad

I've never understood the knee-jerk reactions to Dave's posts here. His writings are in our best interest are they not?

Last edited:

deanf

I've never understood the knee-jerk reactions to Dave's posts here. His writings are in our best interest are they not?

Perhaps . . .

I just find his writings to be very 1950s-style-paternalistic-father-knows-best. That's a turn off for me.

utbagpiper

Banned

I've never read anything in them that I found overtly offensive. Not that I agree 100% wit anyone (including myself). Just nothing I could see to start carrying a grudge over. But we've got a few folks around here who tend to take everything personally and then carry that butt hurt around forever. Some are so childish as to have sig lines containing what they think are damning quotes from those who have offended them.

Ironically, many who subscribe to the political and social philosophies of "objectivism" treat any disagreement over social or political policy, or even minor differences of opinion on some of the specifics of RKBA or property rights or anything else as one might expect a medieval Inquisitor to treat high heresy regarding religious dogma.

Sometimes we ignore them. Sometimes it seems appropriate to call out their bigotries in the same way decent society would make clear that anti-semitism is no longer acceptable.

Charles

golddigger14s

Activist Member
The biggest problem is "us" in-fighting about his articles, and the fact that the people that trash these areas do not read our forums.
Whether you OC/CC, or don't carry at all, this affects all shooters. I think there may be someone here who said "citizenship is a verb"? :)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Don't be so sure of that.

;)

If there are people on this forum that trash the shooting areas, that is really sad. I guess I'm an optimist that wants to think that all the people on this forum are good non-trashing citizens. If you are reading this, and you shoot up TV's and leave the trash shame on you.

Bill45

Perhaps . . .

I just find his writings to be very 1950s-style-paternalistic-father-knows-best. That's a turn off for me.[/COLOR]

This is amazing! First chance we get we (this forums members) start eating their own.

Keep it up any more comeraderie like this and we'll be surendering our firearms to big brother.

What Dave Workman has written and your opinion of it is irrelevant to the original post.
If all we do here is nit pick each other then the end will come soon. Go ahead stab each other in the back the anti's will laugh all the way to your grave.

Now, I sit back and read the pathetic ravings of the critics.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is amazing! First chance we get we (this forums members) start eating their own.

Keep it up any more comeraderie like this and we'll be surendering our firearms to big brother.

What Dave Workman has written and your opinion of it is irrelevant to the original post.
If all we do here is nit pick each other then the end will come soon. Go ahead stab each other in the back the anti's will laugh all the way to your grave.

Now, I sit back and read the pathetic ravings of the critics.
Aaaa - Dave Workman IS the OP of this thread. That hardly makes what he has written "irrelevant."

Consider too that we listen to opposing views and hash things out. That is how we become more knowledgeable and stronger.