• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prissy Polly's

fjpro2a

Hey, guys
I am going to try to make the monthly get together on November 6th. Since I am new, it would be nice if at least 3 or more will also attend so as to assuage my nerves.
After checking out Prissy Polly's, I see there will be a fundraiser that night. Does anyone see that as causing a problem?
Hopefully, a few of you will respond that you will be there.
Thanks

solus

What is Lexington style BBQ?

stay safe.

vinegar based...shudder

a vinegar-based "red" sauce that is seasoned with ketchup, vinegar, and pepper, along with other spices that vary from recipe to recipe. It is most common in the Piedmont (central) and western areas of the state.

ipse

OC for ME

vinegar based...shudder

a vinegar-based "red" sauce that is seasoned with ketchup, vinegar, and pepper, along with other spices that vary from recipe to recipe. It is most common in the Piedmont (central) and western areas of the state.

ipse
Yeller mustard sauce like they do in Columbia SC...yuk!

Or that sweet crap they have in flyover country like Kansas City and Texas...liquid candy...double yuk!!

Folks in NC took perfectly edible vinegar sauce and then ruint it with ketchup.

CHS Bar-B-Q Sauce, outta the Pee Dee. Hard to find. Best there is. IGAs usually carry it.

solus

Yeller mustard sauce like they do in Columbia SC...yuk!

Or that sweet crap they have in flyover country like Kansas City and Texas...liquid candy...double yuk!!

Folks in NC took perfectly edible vinegar sauce and then ruint it with ketchup.

CHS Bar-B-Q Sauce, outta the Pee Dee. Hard to find. Best there is. IGAs usually carry it.

give me the KY bourbon based bbq sauce...http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16115/bourbon-whiskey-bbq-sauce/

http://www.tmbbq.com/all-about-the-sauce/

darn now i have a hanker'g to go to lonestar...tis your fault skid...

ipse

nobama

They sell both kinds of BBQ. To the OP, no it wont be a problem, not sure if I will make it though, I have a date with the deer woods, but I will pass on the thought to some people who might could show up.

WalkingWolf

I prefer blackened or no seasoning at all. Most sauces destroys the flavor of the meat. But I have to admit the Cubans do a really great open flame cooked meat, with just the right seasoning. But they brine the meat in garlic, and pepper for days before cooking.

solus

I prefer blackened or no seasoning at all. Most sauces destroys the flavor of the meat. But I have to admit the Cubans do a really great open flame cooked meat, with just the right seasoning. But they brine the meat in garlic, and pepper for days before cooking.

WW need to bring you to the big city of raleigh and take you to the cuban restaurant which is decent...

when you wish to go on a field trip and meet there?

ipse

fjpro2a

Earth to original Thread; earth to orignal thread - come in original thread

While I appreciate the bantering between all you quality people (especially Solus), I am really looking for a few people to commit to Nov 6th @ Prissy Polly's.

How about this for an incentive? I will pay the bill, including tip, for the first 5 that sign up.

Frank

WalkingWolf

WW need to bring you to the big city of raleigh and take you to the cuban restaurant which is decent...

when you wish to go on a field trip and meet there?

ipse

I will have to get with the boss, I don't like cities too much so it would have to be great for me to venture to the big city. Do you have a particular restaurant in mind?

nobama

While I appreciate the bantering between all you quality people (especially Solus), I am really looking for a few people to commit to Nov 6th @ Prissy Polly's.

How about this for an incentive? I will pay the bill, including tip, for the first 5 that sign up.

Frank

I dont think I have a vacation day for hunting on Nov 6, so if I dont, I will try to make it. No, you wont have to pay, but appreciate the thought.

solus

I will have to get with the boss, I don't like cities too much so it would have to be great for me to venture to the big city. Do you have a particular restaurant in mind?

uh a Cuban restaurant ~ i have enjoyed the havana grill in the past and wouldn't object if another place was tried.

ipse

solus

Frank

counter offer...come on over and visit WW, his boss, moi at a Cuban restaurant is the smaller city of raleigh....

ipse

WalkingWolf

uh a Cuban restaurant ~ i have enjoyed the havana grill in the past and wouldn't object if another place was tried.

ipse

I think Raleigh has about four, or five Cuban restaurants, I haven't been to them myself, but looked it up. Except for hospital, and doctor I have not been to Raleigh in some time. Hell I even get the hives in Sanford when there is too much traffic, and there is too many people. One of the reasons I avoid franchise restaurants, they always have too many folks for me.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Frank

Be sure you post the street address where this will be happening. It's very important. Ask bc cruiser how I know that.

stay safe.

fjpro2a

Sounds Good

counter offer...come on over and visit WW, his boss, moi at a Cuban restaurant is the smaller city of raleigh....

ipse

I will visit you, WW, and his boss at a Cuban restaurant in Raleigh or elsewhere.
Just a small problem, though.
I will be in Texas from Nov. 10th through Dec. 12th
After that, I am good to go.

solus

alas Fjpro2a it might take that long to cajole WW & company out of his safe haven...

safe sojourn to the lonestar state.

ipse

WalkingWolf

I will visit you, WW, and his boss at a Cuban restaurant in Raleigh or elsewhere.
Just a small problem, though.
I will be in Texas from Nov. 10th through Dec. 12th
After that, I am good to go.

As long as the weather is decent I will plan on a trip mid December.

nobama

I called a buddy today so its on for Friday. Prissy Pollys at 6PM. Hope to see everyone there.