• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill HB531

CharleyCherokee

I am under the assumption that it was something that got over looked. Being that they were already over on time to get the bill changed it will have to wait until later to change it.

Ghost1958

I am under the assumption that it was something that got over looked. Being that they were already over on time to get the bill changed it will have to wait until later to change it.

Considering I cant get a straight answer to a simple question im not so sure.
Been easy for the person that made the chsnges to answer but he refuses to.

It does leave the door open for cc without a permit to catch a criminal charge.vs with a permit.
If it can be done we all know it will be done.

Its a fairly important issue hence the simple question,

To which the answer is yet to be offered.y

CharleyCherokee

I can agree with that assertion, but considering the statute making it a criminal offense to carry a concealed deadly weapon would be repealed what offense would they be able to charge you with?

Ghost1958

I can agree with that assertion, but considering the statute making it a criminal offense to carry a concealed deadly weapon would be repealed what offense would they be able to charge you with?

Most places nothing.
But as it is now, Even if you cc into one of the prohibited places. other than somethibg like a school that has a fed statute behind it also
They can just deny entry or make you leave.
If you do thats it.
This.way they could charge criminal trespass if they wanted i think.

The places are few and far between , and its not a deal breaker . Its just an opening if some overzealous LEO wanted to be a butt head.

Its not a huge thing. I just wondered at the reluctance to give a straight answer to a. Courtesily asked simple question why it was there.

Im pushing the bill as hard as I can with it in anyway but it would be better if 'with a permit part had been taken out IMO.

JohnKelly

This is a stupid stupid bill that criminalizes up until now was not a criminal act.

Sure, it supposedly is a "constitutional carry" bill. It's also a ******** backdoor more gun control trojan horse.

What's up with this forum? Y'all are so effin' hardcore about carrying guns everywhere yet you're perfectly willing to allow the state to turn people who ignore no-guns signs in businesses into criminals if they happen to get "discovered".

Well **** You.

Oppose this damn bill like you should.

I agree. There is nothing positive in this bill for those who already have CCDW permits (other than saving some time and $12/yr). You risk a fine and misdemeanor charge for what is legal now. Plus, if you plan on carrying outside our borders you will still need a permit for those states that require one.

Remember, Texas started seeing a lot more signs once they passed open carry. Who's to say the same won't happen here?

ETA: Well, I should have read the rest of the thread. Thank you GutShot!

Last edited:

Ghost1958

I agree. There is nothing positive in this bill for those who already have CCDW permits (other than saving some time and $12/yr). You risk a fine and misdemeanor charge for what is legal now. Plus, if you plan on carrying outside our borders you will still need a permit for those states that require one.

Remember, Texas started seeing a lot more signs once they passed open carry. Who's to say the same won't happen here?

The original biil was a disaster yes.
Which ignited a firestorm showing whoever wrote it, nobody wants to claim it now, that it was DOA.
Gutshot went to the rescue and fixed the bill.
Our signage laws will remain the same. Asked to leave leave. No changes
School parking lot provision for carrying in vehicle is back like it was.
Few other things that were changed got put back also.

All in all its a pretty good bill now .
I was dead set against the original bill.
And making sure it died.

Im supporting the revised version just as hard. Urge you to look over the revised version and if you agree support it.

JohnKelly

The original biil was a disaster yes.
Which ignited a firestorm showing whoever wrote it, nobody wants to claim it now, that it was DOA.
Gutshot went to the rescue and fixed the bill.
Our signage laws will remain the same. Asked to leave leave. No changes
School parking lot provision for carrying in vehicle is back like it was.
Few other things that were changed got put back also.

All in all its a pretty good bill now .
I was dead set against the original bill.
And making sure it died.

Im supporting the revised version just as hard. Urge you to look over the revised version and if you agree support it.

You're right, I'm sorry. Didn't read the whole thread and jumped the gun. I now support SB257.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
... As I said earlier, I am very disappointed and I am exhausted. The last four days have been hectic and just the time it takes to answer all the emails, answer all the questions and listen to all of the complaints amounts to 3 or 4 hours every night. Today was day 45 of the 60 day session.
If I weren't up to my eyeballs in another matter :cuss:, I'd come down and offer to help you. But, in the meanwhile, thanks for all you do.

When does the next session start?

poetdante

"President Stivers made no judgement about the value or need for SB 257, just the need to move on with other things."

I wonder if those opposed to the bill had anything to do with its lack of getting a hearing? They've been bragging about "testifying" about the horrors of the possibility of constitutional carry.

Ghost1958

They didn't say. It was a small crowd, not like the HB 221 hearing.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionKY/?fref=ts

The demanding mamies have 0 influence in ky.

Politicians do what they do to stay in office.
Thats why the original forms of the house and senate bills on permitless carry written by the NRA here were dead as soon as it was apparent what was in them and the firestorm started.
Not a group of harpies whos voter influence in this state is limited to a few hundred people at best.

Ghost1958

Best of luck. I dont hold much hope but what do I know. If Collins was willing to sponsor the bill with force of law signs ,fines etc, he obviously liked the idea and may not want that changed. Which kills the bill. Senate will never pass it with that in there.
But miracles happen. So good luck Gutshot.

Animalou812

Maybe I'm just unusually grumpy today and yesterday when you asked the original question, but I don't know how to say it any more clearly. There were about 10 or 12 of the MDA women at the original hearing. They didn't say a word. They were not present at the second meeting, so they didn't say a word there and the third meeting never happened. I hope I have addressed all possible variations of events. Does anyone really think I would have omitted any "testify"ing by MDA, if there had been any?

Now, before anyone asks; No, there were no alien spaceship landings during the meetings and there were no elephants walking through the capitol or any other similarly unremarkable events that might have gone unmentioned by me. Everything that could possibly be thought relevant to the issues at hand have been divulged. I haven't kept anything secret or omitted anything on purpose. In fact, I thought I went into too much detail and would bore a lot of readers, but knew some would want all of the details, so I kept writing although I really wanted to go to bed. Oh yeah, I did take two restroom breaks during the first day, forgot that part. Any one who desires the details of that, send me a PM and I will tell you about my BM.

Gut shot did you make a MDA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk