• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming Revere's Riders Events in NV

armaborealis

I'd like to share info about a few upcoming classes in Las Vegas hosted by Revere's Riders. Revere's Riders is a 501C3 non-profit affiliated with the NRA & CMP. Our mission is to promote the shooting sports, American history, and civic engagement.

Link: http://www.reveresriders.org/venue/clark-county-shooting-park/

Oct 1-2: Two day rifle clinic -- while listed as a "basic" clinic, on Sunday we will work mini "known distance" with the rimfires, working out to 100 yards and going through the process of gathering dope, ranging in targets, and dialing in sight adjustments/hold overs.
Oct 29: America's Rifle Challenge (carbine clinic) -- break out the AR-15s!
Feb 11, 2017: One day rifle clinic
Mar 4, 2017: One day pistol clinic
Apr 15-16, 2017: Two day rifle clinic

The events are all at the Clark County Shooting Park. The downside is this increases the cost a bit -- even as a non-profit we must pay significant range fees and the business license costs. We used to hold events at Boulder City but regrettably Boulder has stopped allowing most outside trainers to use their courtesy bays and complicated our ability to schedule events at a reasonable time out, which is a bummer.

Our volunteer instructors are NRA/CMP certified with dozens of classes under their belts. Come out for a fun time! Let me know if you have any questions.

Va_Nemo

Looks like costs for that are $50-$100. If my findings are accurate and up to date give them kudos.

I was anticipating something easily in the $500 to $600 range.

Methinks this must go on my list of places/classes/training to try to get into.

But it does sure sound similar to an appleseed class. I have been to those and recommend them highly. If you have not been, you really should consider one. ( appleseedinfo.org )

Nemo

Last edited:

solus

Looks like costs for that are $50-$100. If my findings are accurate and up to date give them kudos.

I was anticipating something easily in the $500 to $600 range.

Methinks this must go on my list of places/classes/training to try to get into.

But it does sure sound similar to an appleseed class. I have been to those and recommend them highly. If you have not been, you really should consider one. ( appleseedinfo.org )

Nemo

appleseed project shooting events are a trip and well worth the $$$ for a weekend.

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I can't speak for their training, but I did attend a rimfire rifle competition with them last winter. Nice guys and a legit outfit.