• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salem gun show 7/15

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'm returning from vacation tomorrow, and planning to stop in at the Salem gun show on my way by. Anyone from here gonna be there?

Va_Nemo

gunshows-usa.com has that show listed on the 22-23

Calling the number attached to the ad says its next week. Info per my call about 1 minute ago.

Come on back next weekend. It would be a fun 5 hour drive from Alexandria. If you make it, hunt up the VCDL table and ask for me. Ill buy you lunch for your travel. (and you should join if you not a member yet.)

Nemo

Jul 22-23, Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Blvd. For more show information: C&E Gun Shows 540-953-0016

Tess

Founder's Club Member
gunshows-usa.com has that show listed on the 22-23

Calling the number attached to the ad says its next week. Info per my call about 1 minute ago.

Come on back next weekend. It would be a fun 5 hour drive from Alexandria. If you make it, hunt up the VCDL table and ask for me. Ill buy you lunch for your travel. (and you should join if you not a member yet.)

Nemo

Jul 22-23, Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Blvd. For more show information: C&E Gun Shows 540-953-0016

LOL! Glad I posted. I may have to relinquish my new post of Statewide Gun Show Coordinator <grin>. I later went and checked the last issue of The Defender (which I edit, BTW), and it, too, says 22-23. I don't know where my brain got the idea it was this weekend. But you've saved me a side trip, and frustration with myself :) {Found yet another typo, too. One of these years, I'll put out an issue with no typos.}

But we are currently seeking our retirement property in that area -- well, anywhere south and west of Charlottesvile as long as I have over 5 acres and a mountain view -- so I'll have more opportunities.

Va_Nemo

Well, do the return trip anyway. I will be at the VCDL table most all day next Sunday after about 10am. But I do have some shopping to do for grips for my wife's Mag Pug 357. So come on back.

Give my wife a few months and she will have her real estate sales ticket and fix you right up on the property. FYI, lived near Culpeper for 30couple years and worked all over the area. Up into FFX and Manassas regularly, over to Luray, and all over.

Prefer Lynchburg over that area now. Culpeper has been thoroughly Fairfaxed.

Nemo

scooter348

Well, do the return trip anyway. I will be at the VCDL table most all day next Sunday after about 10am. But I do have some shopping to do for grips for my wife's Mag Pug 357. So come on back.

Give my wife a few months and she will have her real estate sales ticket and fix you right up on the property. FYI, lived near Culpeper for 30couple years and worked all over the area. Up into FFX and Manassas regularly, over to Luray, and all over.

Nemo

Either you haven't been to that F-word county in a while, or you haven't been to Culpeper in a while, but brother, Culpeper ain't even close to being F-word county.

Tess

Founder's Club Member

Nemo

I really do want to get to some of the shows I've never attended, but that weekend I will be working Dale City.

Va_Nemo

I lived in Culpeper for 30couple years. First time recently I was up there in the middle of summer last year and a dozen or 2 weekends since. My sister still lives in White Shop area and wife's sister in Lake of the Woods. I have visited and explored it a couple dozen times. With all the growing thats been going on it sure seems Fx'ed to me. I lived in the red brick Cape Cod about 12 houses past the State Police Hdqts on the same side of the road. Sold it to retire and move to FL. VSP shooting range was one lane area between the berms.

Culpeper used to end at Ira Hoffman Lane and Brandy Road went back to 2 lanes. Now it nearly goes all the way out to Inlet. Ira Hoffman lane stopped a hundred or so yards off Brandy Road.

Carrico's Mill Road, which has been named, it was nothing more than 669 when I left, from Brandy to Rt. 3 had a one lane concrete bridge with a sharp curve into it. It was a wide asphalt road with no paint markings. Now, wide, smooth 2 lane with lines down the middle and on the edge.

Moved there from Pa couple years before and graduated CCHS in 76 and left in 04. If it ain't been fully FFXed, is surely had at least been axed-- from good living place. Cannot call it Fair-ed because that would be misleading.

Now, back on track and the original reason of posting here. I will be at Salem Show at the VCDL table from about 10am to closing on Sunday. Come visit the studly, good looking white haired guy with the VDCL or Don't Tread on Me hat. I will try to remember to wear the VDCL one. If I wear the other, just note the studly good looking cool guy. :cool:

Nemo :dude:

Last edited: