• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Switchblades are legal as of today in Michigan

WalkingWolf

Nice looking knife.

Found the same knife at WildBill Wholesale for $3.99 + $3.95 First Class Mail shipping - total $7.94.
3 1/2" long blade.
https://www.wildbillwholesale.com/mua005cf.html

How long have you been carrying and using this knife? - Goes to issue of durability.

About 6 months now, it is in a leather sheath on my gun belt. So far it has been durable, I have dropped it a couple times outside, and it shaves wood great.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have a spring assist at a very reasonable price off of Amazon. Sharp, and sturdy a bargain at 8 bucks. Draw back is it is made in China, but most production knifes are made overseas these days, including the expensive ones.

knife.jpg

Received one of these knifes my only complaint is that scales/handle is too thick. I prefer a much thinner profile.

For the price one can modify it with losing much if it goes wrong. I plan on reducing the handle profile and see what happens.

WalkingWolf

Received one of these knifes my only complaint is that scales/handle is too thick. I prefer a much thinner profile.

For the price one can modify it with losing much if it goes wrong. I plan on reducing the handle profile and see what happens.

I removed the clip on mine, since I carry in a leather sheath I prefer the thickness. One of my other EDC knives is a Opinel, that also has a thick handle.

WalkingWolf

Which one and why do you like it? Do you have a direct link?

Link to their home page:
https://www.opinel-usa.com/pocket-k...classic-stainless-steel/no-07-stainless-steel

I have three, two number tens, and one number eight. They are a great light utility knife with a lock that does not slip, blades are thin and suited to tasks that take a fine blade. Since the handle is all wood they are only a few ounces. The numbers represent the blade length in centimeters. They are not a self defense knife because of thin blade, but a great food knife, or knife for shaving sticks for starting fires. When I carry one I always have a fixed blade for the heavy tasks like batoning sticks.

I bought mine off of Amazon though you can buy them direct.

Last edited: