• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Galco Carrier

eBratt

imported post

Just got a SkyOps holster from Galco which has a fixed belt attachment for up to 1 1/4" belts. I was all set to find a belt that would fit it when I saw in the instructions that they have a replacement attachment that fits belts up to 1 1/2" belts...but I really don't want to wait another 4 days for the thing to come in the mail if there is a place that carries them in stock.

So does anyone know who in the Kitsap (not holding my breath) or Seattle/Edmonds area might carry them? Tried Sportsman's Warehouse with no luck.

Thanks,
Ethan

just_a_car

imported post

I'll look around Edmonds tomorrow for ya, since I live here. ;)

I'll start downtown and move out, since I'm guessing you're talking about ferrying over. I'll even take my digital calipers to make sure of the width. *chuckle*

I've seen that holster in the Galco catalog for a couple years and lusted after it. It looks so awesome for concealment, but I'm not sure I would use it with a shirt tucked over the firearm (like they show in the catalog), since that's a lot more time-consuming to get the firearm out and a much higher chance to snag on the draw.

G27

imported post

I've found a lot of the stores don't care the "special stuff". I'd give my left trigger finger to find my Serpa shoulder holster converter in a store around here. I hate ordering stuff online. Best place to check would be Cabela's most likely.

eBratt

imported post

1 1/2" is what I wear now...I was willing to switch to a slimmer belt for the holster but would prefer not to.

As to the longer draw while tucked, that was a feature I got the holster for (tucking, not necessarily the longer drawing). For those of us in a professional setting with older women around us who like to keep it warm...cover clothing becomes really uncomfortable.

Thanks just_a_car for looking. I go through Edmonds twice a weeks, so I'd be thrilled if you come across something there. I'll call Cabelas and see if they have it.

Ethan

ScorpioMk

imported post

Adventure Sports Gun Headquarters on hwy 99, bought my skyops holster there a couple months ago. Sams also carries galco but they didnt have the skyops in stock so I bought it at Adventure Sports. After them I would consider cabelas in Lacey but their selection wasnt the best either.

Marcus

John Hardin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I've seen that holster in the Galco catalog for a couple years and lusted after it.
Nice, but I'm leery of single-point IWB/tuckable holsters. I have one, and it tends to shift to odd angles as I move around. Here's what I am planning to replace it with:

Comp-Tac MTAC http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=95

It looks so awesome for concealment, but I'm not sure I would use it with a shirt tucked over the firearm (like they show in the catalog), since that's a lot more time-consuming to get the firearm out and a much higher chance to snag on the draw.
...that's kind of an inherent problem with the "tuckable" part of tuckable IWB holsters... :)

Time-to-draw is part of the tradeoff of deep concealment.