• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge strikes down Californias hi-cap mag ban.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It's a good ruling in regards to capacity. But the court think your 2A rights only apply in your home. That is not what Heller said.

In 2008 the United States Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592, 171 L.Ed 2d 637, 128 S.Ct. 2783 (2008) declared “we find that they guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation. This meaning is strongly confirmed by the historical background of the Second Amendment.” The Court then cited Cruikshank as part of its historical analysis. Thus, Heller held that the right to bear arms for a lawful purpose was secured by the U.S. Constitution.

More importantly, Heller did not limit the right to bear arms. It specifically stated, “Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.” The Court reiterated, “Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers.”

Heller did not rule just in the home.

Ghost1958

That's great. But soon if Trump gets his way your neighbor can have po po show up and relieve you of your guns, or allow you to die defending the right to keep them , simply by calling you a " threat ".

since9

Campaign Veteran
That's great. But soon if Trump gets his way your neighbor can have po po show up and relieve you of your guns, or allow you to die defending the right to keep them , simply by calling you a " threat ."(SIC)

First, where in God's good name did you EVER get the idea this was Trump's idea? Some liberal website? Please! Stop attributing to Trump that which is not Trump's. That's just wrong. Actually, it's a lie, even if it's a momentary lapse in his judgement. Stop lying. Thanks.

You're showing your hand, big-time, as this is a huge capitulation from both GOP and President Trump's countless prior communiques.

Red Flag laws are indeed a heinously slippery slope. Only liberal morons are happy to hear of them.

But have you considered that perhaps President Trump is throwing them a bone which is either least likely to be developed or most likely to fail under court test at the Supreme Court level?

Hmm...

As we have seen here in Colorado, it is most certainly regarded by many in county and local Law Enforcement as un-Constitutional and therefore unenforceable.

No doubt it will be enforced in some countries. A few people may even die before it's Constitutionality is called into question, challenged in the courts, and overturned by State, Federal or Supreme Court level.

All because some blithering Demoncrap idiots decided to legislate ridiculously pie in the sky ideals which have absolutely nothing to do with the way human society works into law, which has everything to do with the way human society works, in the insanely high hopes that changing the law will "SOMEHOW" change human nature itself.

That's actually a 16th Century concept, once discussed as "Nudging an Elephant." The theory, largely the result of human domestication of elephants is that if you simply "nudge the elephant" enough, Mahout style, the elephant will do your bidding.

First, humans aren't elephants. We communicate comparatively incredibly complicated communications ranging from simple goals and ideals such as those espoused by most Demoncraps to incredibly complicated analyses and understandings of nature and the real world itself, such as those commonly discussed, communicated, and coordinated by Republicans.

Second, We the People are NOT slaves, in ANY sense of the word. When government "nudges" us, they're likely to receive a fist in response, almost always in the form of a lawsuit i.e. a "redress for grievances" courtesy of the First Amendment the Demoncraps seem so eager to eradicate because it allows We the People to respond to and counter their insane ideas for governance and domestication.

Third, if elephants could ever have communicated complex ideas, it's clear evolution would have left them without the thumbs and fingers necessary to design, fabricate, manufacture and use the guns which murdered the vast majority of them, and controlled the rest of them until many were domesticated from birth.

One can only wonder what they're real elephant LF language is actually saying. It might be, "Human, danger, beware, comply, or die."

AND YET!!! We have a researcher who is deciphering elephant communication as we speak, both noting, recording, and deciphering communication signals for all of human posterity, particularly with respect to their long-distance hoof and trunk sensor capability.

Yes, their communications are comparatively simple as compared to this message forum. Even so, it's communication - meaningful communication nonetheless.

SO! Bringing this round circle back to ground, what does this mean for us?

First: STOP sending out false flags. All they do is waste huge resources, scattering the herds and depriving them of food, sustenance and shelter.

Second: Watch very carefully the messages you are sending with respect to the cost of sending them. Your political ideology may very well bankrupt an entire country, rendering it utterly uninhabitable due to the combined efforts of you and your fellow grossly mislead compatriots. The GREATEST gift you can give your fellow mankind is a very long and very well-research foray into any and all aspects of our world.

Third: GROW A BRAIN. I say this in bold because so many DAMNED people can't seem to get it through their thick, though sometimes brilliant heads, that live on Earth does NOT comport with their ideals! Oh, ah! Imagine that! Yes, you're WRONG, at least some of you, probably many of you, certainly far more than most of you.

Yo, Humans of Earth: WAKE UP. We are a HELL of a lot more complicated in nearly all imaginable attributes possible, yet we retain an unbelievable repertoire of communication with countless other animals on our planet.

I find that fascinating!

Equally fascinating, however, is how determined some humans are to hold on tightly to various preconceived notions based on an ever-decreasing base of rational evidential support.

What say you? :)

eye95

That request has now been made several times. There is no active moderation of this site at the moment. I am sure that there are several members willing to voluntarily fill that void.

On edit: If this post seems to lack context, it is because to post to which it replies has been deleted. I would delete this, but then the next post would lack context. I mention this only because the lack of context is a nit.

Last edited:

eye95

Only when you wouldn’t rather the post be deleted.

Anyway, posts 5 through 8 should be deleted—and this one, presumably #9. I will delete mine soon.