• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spring 2019 Campus Carry (OC) Walks

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Weather permitting (no rain, please!), I'm hosting two Open Carry/Firearm Education campus (ON & around campus) events this spring.

I've hosted or co-hosted 10 previous campus Walks in Ohio and Kentucky.

The Facebook event page description portion is visible regardless of whether or not you have a Facebook account. The discussion posts are not. Look at the FB links for times and a general description of each event.

- Friday, April 12, University of Cincinnati: https://www.facebook.com/events/2212272675754658
(5 year anniversary of the first OC Campus Walk in Ohio)

- Friday, May 3, Miami University (Oxford, Ohio): https://www.facebook.com/events/2323956501208155/

If you don't have a FB account and are serious about coming, let me know and I'll post additional information here.

Longarms (SLUNG), sidearms, or no guns are welcome.

These campus events are about conversation, not confrontation, and should have plenty of student interaction. :)

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
PARKING & ASSEMBLY POINT info! 😁

Parking (yellow) is as follows, cost for all day:

$10 - Calhoun Parking & Garage, 228 Calhoun Street, 45219,
top level lot and garage (7' 5" clearance on shortest level)

$5 - 10 East Corry Street, 45219 (surface lot)
$5 - 2705 Short Vine Street, 45219 (garage, low clearance)
$4 - 3 West Corry Street, 45219 (surface lot)
Calhoun is a UC lot, others are privately owned.
*Assembly Point * (green)
Irregular area to the east of Calhoun Parking, 118 Calhoun Street, 45219
It's an easy walk to the assembly point (max 4 tenths of a mile) from all these garages/lots.

Map link: http://tinyurl.com/y6haysh2

eye95

I would love to join you, but I am generally unavailable on Fridays. If we are back up to strength, I could probably get the 3rd off. I’ll keep you posted.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
> ARMED UC STUDENT PARTICIPATION IS ON !! <<

Earlier this morning I received the following note from Ms. Lori Ross, UC General Counsel (head lawyer). Quoted in its entirety it says:

"Thank you for your inquiry and for your efforts in coordinating with our police and other university officials in advance of the upcoming demonstration.

The university will not seek to enforce the code of conduct against students for participating in this particular coordinated and pre-arranged demonstration that is scheduled for April 12, 2019, assuming that they are otherwise acting in accordance with the code and the law."
😀😀

UC students: please spread the word about this and the Walk itself!

Now if we can just get the weather to co-operate!

(above text is quoted from the a Facebook post)

Walk link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2212272675754658/

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Miami University Walk, Friday, May 3, 2019: armed STUDENT participation has been approved!

Parking @ Assembly point:

South Garage (Campus Avenue Garage)
501 S. Campus Ave.
Oxford, OH 45056

10:30AM

Griz

The university will not seek to enforce the code of conduct against students for participating in this particular coordinated and pre-arranged demonstration....

How gracious to give the students permission.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
How gracious to give the students permission.
Yes, it's not a law violation for students to carry, but would be a code of conduct violation.

Whether the code of conduct can disallow such lawful behavior has not yet been fully tested in court - and is not part of this Walk.