• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Checking in

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Recent events have obviously got my attention as with everyone else in our community. Thought I would step in and see who is still around from the old days.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Good to see you check in! I've missed you.

Yeah ...

Would not surprise me to see a 1000-person Lobby Day agin. Too bad it happens *after* bad things, not before.

longwatch

Color of law: No other way to say it I dropped out.
Tess: You are not wrong about how these things go. Though I wonder how the word will get out about Lobby Day. Let's hope we can rally the masses this year.

2a4all

Welcome back, sir. We have kept the flame burning.

Basically what happened last Tuesday was that the Democrats were more successful at getting out the vote, and capitalized on the retirements of long time legislators. They did have a LOT of out-of-state help. What we have to do now is keep the flame from succumbing to the ill winds that are sure to blow from Richmond.

longwatch

Facebook plays a very big role in spreading the word these days, it seems.

Welcome back.
It's another whole conversation but I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't be dependent on Social media platforms that aren't run by people on our side.

longwatch

Welcome back, sir. We have kept the flame burning.

Basically what happened last Tuesday was that the Democrats were more successful at getting out the vote, and capitalized on the retirements of long time legislators. They did have a LOT of out-of-state help. What we have to do now is keep the flame from succumbing to the ill winds that are sure to blow from Richmond.
Turnout in my area was higher than expected and all republicans won. They ran out of ballots at my precinct with republicans winning with higher majorities than 2017. I have to wonder if those uncontested races while not winnable could have sucked that tide back a bit.

hokiefan90

That's w
Turnout in my area was higher than expected and all republicans won. They ran out of ballots at my precinct with republicans winning with higher majorities than 2017. I have to wonder if those uncontested races while not winnable could have sucked that tide back a bit.
That's what i think was the biggest problem. I think it was over 30% of the seats up for vote didn't have a republican running against them! It's hard to win when people aren't running!

Va_Nemo

Found my way back here too.

As far as lobby day, start planning. Need a ride there? https://vcdl.org/ Bus transportation is being organized as well as carpooling and all that. You have no excuse to not go.

You a member? If not you dayum sure need to sign up. We have nearly doubled membership since election day.

Nemo