• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by antispam540

1. A

WA suppressor law + integrated suppressor?

RCW 9.41.250 prohibits the "Uses [of] any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm" At what point does a suppressor cease to be a "contrivance or device" and become an integral part of the firearm itself? Are integrated suppressors an exception to this law? If they...
  2. A

Gave away my first pamphlet today

to a nice group of people from Virginia at Subway. They had no idea open carry was legal, and thought it was the coolest thing. Also got ignored by a sheriff at Starbucks - best kind of encounter.
  3. A

Just watched two kids smash a car window

imported post You're probably thinking "parking deck, late at night", right? No. This was in broad daylight, in public at a mall parking lot. They looked like they were high-school age, probably from Kingston HS given their manner of dress. I hear the "shhh" noise of a window being punched in...
  4. A

Public servants who knowingly violate the Constitution?

imported post I've always assumed blatant and knowing violation of the Constitution was an act of treason, BUT, after re-reading said document and related materials, I can't actually find any sort of penalty or check/balance that prevents direct violations. Impeachment seems to be the only...
  5. A

Armed courier?

imported post Does anyone know what, if anything, is required to advertise armed courier services? Would it make you a "security guard" and require the associated licensing? If patrons could simply request that their courier be armed, is that the same thing?
  6. A

new guy

imported post Hey all, I just moved to the Poulsbo area from Atlanta! I've been OC/CCing for a couple of years now, but I'm curious to see how people take it around here. Do you guys know of any pro-carry business in the poulsbo/silverdale area? I checked the DNP list (annoyed that Kitsap mall...
  7. A

Are there any restrictions on non-standard pistols?

imported post For example, I have a 1911 with a compensator and extended mag. I normally wouldn't carry it because of the size, but I shoot better with it than I do with my small CC weapon. If I'm going to OC, it might as well be with the gun I'm best with, right?