• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by attrapereves

1. A

Residency Requirement

I may be moving to Nebraska for a job. I have permits in two states. I read that once you become a Nebraska resident, you must apply for a Nebraska permit as other permits are no longer valid. The only problem is that you must wait 180 days after becoming a resident to apply. However, I did find...
  2. A

Interesting article about range

I've noticed everything they said in the article about the range in Columbia. Not sure what the other ranges are like in Missouri, but this one can be terrible, especially on the weekends. There are some people there, who I frankly don't feel safe around. I've been muzzle swept by groups of...
  3. A

Call your reps!

In order to prevent any further infringement on our 2A rights, give your senators and representatives a call. It's as simple as "Hi, my name is .... and I just wanted to ask senator .... to vote against any bill that would infringe on our 2A rights." Most likely, an intern will answer the...
  4. A

Purchasing a handgun

I recently moved to Missouri from North Carolina. I already have my MO DL, so I am considered a resident. I went into a gun shop in Jeff City and asked about the purchasing requirements and was told that I needed to be a resident of the state for six months. Is this a state law or just a gun...
  5. A

Moving to Missouri

I'll be moving to Columbia in a little over a month. I don't intend on getting a Missouri permit as my Florida and Arizona permits will be valid there. If I intend on staying in Missouri for a long time, I will consider getting the CCW. Has anyone been harassed as a Missouri resident but having...