• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Bookman

1. Bookman

Howdy!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 14-year Navy veteran, newly returned from a nearly 10 year stay in the great Pacific Northwest, specifically the Seattle area. I was fairly active in the OC community there, "organizing" meet & greets at the local Starbucks and helping with a few other...
  2. Bookman

Wet Side 2nd Saturday OC Meet

I've thought pretty hard on this one and have decided to take a couple of months break from the 2nd Saturday Meet. If someone else wants to organize for August and September I promise not to let my feelings be hurt. Ciao for now!
  3. Bookman

Just a reminder that this coming Saturday (7/14) is the 2nd Saturday of the month. Come out and meet with fellow OC'ers from all around the sound beginning at 9:30 at: Starbucks 1401 S. 348th St. Suite M101 Federal Way Lookin' forward to seeing you there!
  4. Bookman

West Side 2nd Saturday OC Meet

This coming Saturday (6/9) will be the 2nd Saturday in June. That means that it's time, once again, for all good little gunslingers to get together for some coffee, tea, or other beverage of choice. Date: Saturday, June 9 Time: 9:30 a.m. Place: Starbucks Coffee 1401 S. 348th St...
  5. Bookman

Professor Bookman

This seems to be the weekend for close encounters!:lol: Saturday, after the OC meet, I went to Warehouse Sports to pick up a few needed items for the upcoming camping trip in Wenatchee. I found most of what I was looking for, had a great encounter with a guy who had experience with the Mountain...
  6. Bookman

Sorry for the late posting. I knd of forgot that this was the 2nd Saturday coming up. ANYWAY, it is and we'll be meeting at the same place at the same time. That is: Starbucks 1401 S 348th Street M101 Federal Way Date - 5/12/12 Time - 9:30am Weather forecast looks good, so I'm guessing we'll...
  7. Bookman

2nd Saturday Meet in Federal Way

Well y'all, it's that time of the month again. No, you jokers, not that time, THAT time! It's time for the 2nd Saturday OC Meet in Federal Way. Please join us at: Saturday - 4/14 Starbucks 1401 South 348th Street M101 Federal Way 9:30 am
  8. Bookman

South Sound 2nd Saturday OC Meet-up

It's time, once again, to come on over, up, down, whatever applies to you, and meet some of your fellow OC'ers. In an effort to compromise between two camps I'm splitting the difference on the time and making it 9:30 am. SO: Starbucks 1401 S 348th St Federal Way, WA 98003...
  9. Bookman

South Sound 2nd Saturday OC Meet

It's that time again, ladies and fellers! Time to gather a hoist a cup a joe, or whatever you happen ta be sippin' on that day, thank Starbucks fer not discriminatin' aginst us and just visit 'n have a good time. I've decide to change the time a little. Instead of meeting up at 9:00, we'll call...
  10. Bookman

South Sound 2nd Saturday OC Meet

It's that time of the month again, folks! No, Aunt Flo hasn't come to visit. It's time to meet some of your fellow OCers for a taste of the 3 Cs: Coffee, Conversation, and Camaraderie. Families welcome! When: Saturday (1/14) @ 9am Where: Starbucks - 1401 S 348th St, Federal Way For those of...
  11. Bookman

Puget Sound Area 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Where: Starbucks @ 348th and Pac Hwy in Federal Way When Saturday, 12/10 @ 9 am See you there! :dude:
  12. Bookman

Hey! Yeah, YOU!

Don't forget the 2nd Saturday meet in Federal Way this coming Saturday (10/8). Starbucks 348th & HWY 99 9:00 See ya! :D
  13. Bookman

Western WA Second Saturday OC Meet

Now that summer is over I'm thinking of starting up the 2nd Saturday meets again, but want to know how much interest there would be in doing so. I have two different ideas in mind for this. 1. We have breakfast at 9:00 at the IHOP at 204th and Pac Hwy, then adjourn to the Starbucks at Pac...
  14. Bookman

June Western WA 2nd Saturday OC Meet

We canceled the meet last month, but are starting again this month. Because of problems being seated as a group at the previous IHOP, we are moving to a new location. DEROS and I have spoken to the manager at the IHOP nearest to us and he is looking forward to hosting us. He told me to just let...
  15. Bookman

May Western WA 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Due to the number of events going on this month, I've decided to cancel the breakfast for this month. I need to concentrate on the camp out the following week. ETA: We'll start things up again next month.