• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by BrianB

1. BrianB

Open carry black powder guns in Florida (thread split)

Over in another topic in another state's forum the conversation forked into a discussion of open carry of black powder firearms in Florida. The fork in that conversation began with this post: link The conversation was a lively and, I believe, productive one, but strayed from the topic of the...
  2. BrianB

Open Carry Old West Style

I normally concealed-carry a modern gun but in Florida we can't generally open carry modern guns (we can only open carry modern guns under certain limited circumstances). Although it is pretty much unheard of, in theory we can open carry antique firearms (including replicas thereof) so I...
  3. BrianB

How to answer "would I be justified in using lethal force if..."

I composed this post in response to another topic that got locked before I could post it. I felt it was a notion worth sharing, and getting the take of others, so I decided to start a new thread for it. "Would I be justified in using lethal force if..." It's a question that comes up a lot in...
  4. BrianB

FDLE Case Law Updates and Special Legal Notices

While searching the web for something else I stumbled upon this page: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/OGC/Menu/case-law-updates.aspx All sorts of goodies in there for Florida legal eagles that want to keep up with developing case law.