• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by cloudcroft

1. C

Iowan Open Carry In Texas

I all fairness, they're also probably thinking "How do I pay my bills/mortgage/feed my family if I get fired for insubordination (not obeying a direct order)?" They're put between a rock & and hard place, yes? It would take some pretty strong-minded/principled LEOs (or military) to "en masse"...
  2. C

Surry County and Preemtion

Yes, but they (here in TX) want us to leave all that in our cars until we get out to the range. The problem with getting your CC permit in a state like CO (where OC is unpermitted and you only need a permit to CC) is some of the class locations are not in great parts of town, and after class as...
  3. C

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

Just saw this Fox21 TV News (Colorado Springs) article: "COLORADO SPRINGS — The Walmart on Woodmen and Powers in Colorado Springs is back to normal operations after going on a brief lockdown Thursday. Colorado Springs police were called to a disturbance at Walmart early Thursday evening. Police...
  4. C

Surry County and Preemtion

I know this is not on the original topic, but just going with the latest flow here (re: "live-fire-qualifying"): "The passing score for the Texas LTC shooting test is 175 points out of 250 points or a score of 70 percent. The state allows three attempts to pass the shooting proficiency test."...
  5. C

Iowan Open Carry In Texas

"If I lived there I'd OC just on principle." -- Ghost I DO OC here since I got back here (El Paso, TX) in late 2016 -- and at least partly "on principle." ;-) So far no issues, with the general public or the many cops I've encountered while OCing (even in Walmarts earlier). But I suppose there...
  6. C

"Civil War"?

I go back a tad farther -- was co-writer with William Jennings Bryan on his "Cross of Gold" speech. ;-)
  7. C

interesting msnbc poll on "gun carry in public"

@2a4all Thanks...fixed!
  8. C

interesting msnbc poll on "gun carry in public"

I just tried the link myself and got in (and voted), and am using Adblock Plus. But I did as they asked and disabled Adblock on their site even though there was an option to "continue anyway." Here are the results so far -- NO is winning: Question: "Do you think people should be allowed to...
  9. C

I won't! But at least I OC everywhere else I go...except Federal property: That's even WORSE if you get caught. :-( As for my "new" EDC/OC gun, it's only a youngster -- 68 years old (milsurp Polish TT-33)...but DOES look new, maybe even unfired. Very nice... HP ammo for it (PPU Defense Line...
  10. C

Latest Walmart adventure... Went to a Walmart Neighborhood Market (WNM) last evening. As per usual here in ELP, only had my OWB/OC empty-holster showing (gun was CC'd in my vest's pocket), but I could have walked in OCing anyway: Two armed security (1 private company, the other a Sheriff deputy)...
  11. C

KBCraig Yes, you are 100% correct: As seen in your citation, I clearly DID say Kroger owned Albertsons (error), even though I DO know it doesn't, and in that other instance *I* cited I meant it doesn't (fact). Sometimes I write as "well" as I read: Meaning, I often scan something instead of...
  12. C

Yes, that's what I meant: King Soopers (not Albertsons) is Kroger-owned as otherwise I would have written "Albertsons, King Soopers (both Kroger owned)..." As for their "requesting" vs. an official policy change, I took it as de facto policy...or maybe this article (below) is using "policy"...
  13. C

...I may be too old for a FIRST, let alone a "reboot." ;-) But at least some good news presently: Awaiting the arrival of a "replacement" for my current OC gun...then will have to go out in the desert (don't like/go to ranges) and (of course!) make sure it works BEFORE carrying it. I'm sure it...
  14. C

"My wife was raised in El Paso. Small world " -- Ghost1958 Interesting...what part? As for Walmart (et al), I usually stop and talk to these security people and none seem to be anti-OC or anti-armed citizen, but just doing their job as told -- Walmart's instructions to them are not to let OCers...
  15. C

Down here in Beto "I'll take your guns" O'Rourke's home town -- heavily Democrat (and Hispanic) El Paso, TX, -- and the place where that Walmart mass-shooting happened, as per Walmart's policy change re: OC AFTER the shooting I do not OC there anymore. Same with Albertsons here (actually, it was...