• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by cloudcroft

1. C

Open Carrier Has Gun Snatched At Convenience Store

@ color of law: I hope you know I wasn't criticizing any member's post here, just the guy "OCing" in this particular incident...and of course, the CCer's who routinely (and automatically) criticize OCing. :) -- C
  2. C

Open Carrier Has Gun Snatched At Convenience Store

I think I recall that incident, and yes it WAS quite a while ago. Plus, if it WAS a legit incident, the guy wasn't "OCing" PROPERLY, as a gun sticking out of a BACK POCKET (and not even in sight of the OCer) is just plain stupid. So I don't consider that guy as your typical OCer -- he doesn't AT...
  3. C

Where is everybody??

Solus...I'm still confused re: the issue. Probably a good thing I never became a lawyer? And sites like this "help" my confusion, as they seem to say something different: https://shookandgunter.com/can-police-ask-see-open-carry-license-texas/ "Red" state TX has the worst and most backwards carry...
  4. C

Where is everybody??

Does he even come around here anymore? -- C
  5. C

Where is everybody??

Yes, I remember. :-( As for LEOs (in Texas) stopping OCers -- when that is the ONLY thing they are doing ("just OCing") -- IRCC that's already been determined (courts?) that a person merely OCing is NOT a RAS to stop/question them and will only get said LEOs who DO ask to see an OCer's permit...
  6. C

Where is everybody??

@Wstar425 Sadly, I think the MAIN issue with this OC site being so "slow" (and I'd say it'd ALSO be true of any OTHER OC site, even IF there were any!) is this: HARDLY ANYONE open-carries their EDC gun or are they EVER going to open-carry it...probably for the lame, baseless and unsubstantiated...
  7. C

Open Carry Event in Washington DC January 17, 2021?

@SAK I'm also "for" CC (don't know an OCer who is anti-CC), but due to my OCing experiences in the last 12 years, I've found that CCers are mostly anti-OC. Meaning, they're highly critical and regurgitate the false/negative criticisms of OC), and won't even TRY OCing -- I'm talking about OCing...
  8. C

Open Carry Event in Washington DC January 17, 2021?

@SAK Just for the record here I also used to host OC Events ("Get-Togethers") at assorted eateries -- nothing big or outdoors/public-spaces (or protests) like you've done though (but I HAVE been a "guest" in the "Criminal Justice System" years back). After some 50-60 events in 3 states...
  9. C

While roaming about on the the www

I didn't even know who (or what!) "Dragon Man" was (or know anything about his spouse)...but during my last stay here in COS (2013-2016), I was at a Village Inn and he was one of the people at a nearby table -- I met him then. I haven't been out to his "spread" (it's large) even though he's...
  10. C

While roaming about on the the www

What you mention is also what I've encountered in gun-forums (probably 99.9% CCers exclusively), at least one of which ended up banning me. The overwhelming ignorance and actual HOSTILITY to the concept of OCing in principle -- then taken-out on any OCer they encounter -- is as incredible as it...
  11. C

Condolences to Colorado

True...pretty much the same story for other "blue" states such as OR, WA and even CA...they have those cancer tumors also. But that's the "Western" part fo the country -- I'd think states in the East (MA, CT, MD, etc) are pretty much overall blue be it city or rural voters. BTW, I was SURPRISED...
  12. C

Condolences to Colorado

True, CO went for Biden, but I was expecting that AND expected the vote for the POS/nobody to be HUGE (the cliche "landslide" comes to mind, if you will) compared to the number of votes for Trump. But it WASN'T any landslide, far from it...was a lot closer than I expected, which I found...
  13. C

Firearms on Post Office Property

I suspect there are quite a few guns to be found in cars parked on "federal property" if there was a search done by "the authorities." Not only in the USPS parking lots but at all the VA Clinics across the country. After all, when out & about, the Post Office (or VA Clinic) is probably just ONE...
  14. C

Best wishes to John Wesley Hall, Esq. Fourth Amendment .com. Long hospitalized.

@ color of law: I left for a while due to issues I had with certain "regular members" here (and there were other members who left for the same reason), but eventually I came back. HOWEVER, I was way more cautious in my "content" in order to avoid any "unpleasantness." But then I don't like to...
  15. C

Best wishes to John Wesley Hall, Esq. Fourth Amendment .com. Long hospitalized.

Well, maybe the whole concept of Open Carry for a Forum's reason-for-existence had a built-in self-destruct device (or slow-acting poison) from the very beginning. I mean pretty much NO ONE who carries a handgun OCs, and most CC people would never consider doing it on a regular basis, and MANY...