• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by dng

1. D

Sig Sauer SWAT classic 5.56

imported post Finally got my dream gun: Sig Sauer SWAT classic 5.56. It's the best of both worlds from an AK47 and a DI gun. Anyway, I spent all that money, and the gun has problems. New, out of the box, I fired 3 rounds and it jammed. I continued to work with the gun and try to fix the...
  2. D

The Montana Gun Bill

imported post I don't know how many of you are following this story, but it's been getting alot of coverage from Glenn Beck, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty, and several news networks. Read the story here: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=17935 I think we need to get this...
  3. D

Candidates for Governor

imported post I'm just starting to look into all the candidates, and I think I already know the answer to my own question, but I decided to ask some people who are looking for the same things in a candidate as I am. By the way, here are the candidates if you don't know who is running...
  4. D

Lawsuits and settlements

imported post I've been posting here for a while, and reading posts long before that. Don't take this post as an attack on anyone. It's just a simple (hopefully thought provoking) question. We all know that open carry is still an issue most people don't know about, and many LEOs are not...
  5. D

I'm changing sides...

imported post I'm deserting Ohio, folks. The wife and I are both headed to Virginia. I will be sure to keep an eye on what's happening in the Buckeye State, but I'm not going to lie; I am looking forward to more gun freedom and some decent weather :monkey. I know that there are a whole lot of...
  6. D

What do you think; what do those "no gun" signs really mean?

imported post Am I completely nuts, or do I have something here? The title of this section of the ORC "signage prohibiting concealed handguns. Does that mean technically that I could OC a handgun? But then the sign says "No deadly weapon". What do you think? 2923.1212 Signage prohibiting...
  7. D

Columbus student brings gun to school

imported post Student Found With Loaded Gun On High School Grounds Jan 08 2008 6:57PM COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Africentric High School student was expected to face charges after he allegedly carried a loaded gun on a school bus on Tuesday morning. Police received a call from a guardian that...
  8. D

Facebook users

imported post I don't know how many folks out there use Facebook, but I thought that creating an Open Carry group would be another way to spread the word about OCDO and about the legality of OC. Every little bit of publicity helps to spread the truth...
  9. D

Carried in the bank today

imported post I never really go into the bank (usually use the ATM machine)but I had some business to take care of this morning, so I decided I'd carry. Honestly, I was a littlehesitant to carryafter having read some of the stories folks have posted on here. It almost felt like the first time I...
  10. D

Your thoughts on my letter to a new CPZ

imported post Any suggestions, folks? To Whom It May Concern: I am a resident of ......., and I patronize your store in ....... quite frequently since I always get friendly service and it is also close and convenient. But this past week I notice the store had has posted signs prohibiting...
  11. D

Why you should carry in a zoo

imported post http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/12/26/tiger.attack/ Investigators probe killer tiger's escape at zoo SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN)[/b] -- Investigators on Wednesday will try to determine how a Siberian tiger escaped from her enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo the day before...
  12. D

Great article in the Wilmington News Journal

imported post http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionID=42&SubSectionID=201&ArticleID=161339&TM=31615.97 Change from feel good to something that works Editor, News Journal: During the last two weeks we saw two very public shootings. The first, in an Omaha mall ended as these seem wont to do...
  13. D

Gun bans in Australia are working...

imported post MTV host gets gun to his face http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22951714-5013560,00.html December 20, 2007 12:00am Article from: Send this article: Print Email A CHRISTMAS catch-up at a Rushcutters Bay bar began with a shotgun in the face for MTV host Darren...
  14. D

Why you should carry at a mall;

imported post December 19, 2007 Shoplifters threaten guard with gun A man threatened a security guard with a gun as he attempted to stop a group of shoplifters from leaving a department store in Rancho San Diego Tuesday night. The guard saw two men and two women taking merchandise at the...
  15. D

Ohioans, this bill needs our support! Call your senators!

imported post Testimony heard on self-defense legislation in Ohio December 6, 2007 http://www.crescent-news.com/news/article/2953662 By MARC KOVAC C-N Capital Bureau COLUMBUS -- A note to crooks thinking about breaking into Ellen Wickham's home. If you get past the locks, the lights, the...