• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by expvideo

1. E

Ethics - Lying to make an arrest

imported post I was watching COPS last night, and I saw a bit from Pittsburg, PA, where two undercover drug officers arrested a guy for possession of a crack pipe. The arrest was dirty from the word go. Here's what happened: The guys are driving down the street to where they say is a drug...
  2. E

Sig Mosquito

imported post I'm thinking about getting into suppressors, since my family has land in Idaho ;) Anyway, I like the look and feel of the Mosquito, and since I carry a P226, it seems like it would be a great plinker/training gun (especially if you want to train to deal with FTFs, FTEs, etc :P...
  3. E

Misc - Testing body armor

imported post Alex Jason is a ballsy mother fu**er! This is one in a series of educational videos about firearms called "deadly weapons" check it out on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/v/f8GBl1XlRtc&hl=en This guy has got 10lb balls of steel. EDIT: could somebody that knows how to embed...
  4. E

CC discussion at work

imported post I normally don't talk about the fact that I carry a CCW, but the topic came up at work. I was working at the office with 7 other people, when one of the guys asked when I stopped riding the bus to work. I told him that I never did. He asked me why he saw me walking to work every...
  5. E

Government nano technology discussion

imported post www.powerofsmall.org
  6. E

UN Human Rights Council: Defeating Freedom of Expression

imported post http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ad0_1207485158
  7. E

Shot placement

imported post So I find that there are two polar opposites when it comes to caliber wars. In pistol caliber comparisons, there is a big 9mm vs. 45acp arguement. In rifle caliber comparisons, there is a big 7.62x54 vs. 5.56/.223 arguement. Now this has been known for a long time, and the...
  8. E

Anybody know where I can find a threaded barrel?

imported post I am trying to find a way to get a threaded barrel for a Bersa Thunder 380. Before we get into why I would want to spend big bucks silencing a $250 gun, I am thinking about getting a suppressor for a much nicer gun, and if I can use it on the Bersa too, it sweetens the deal. So I...
  9. E

Permit to carry a pocket knife

imported post I had someone at my office ask me if I had a permit for my knife. She was opening a package with her keys and I asked her if she would like to use my knife. She said yes, so I opened it for her and handed it to her, holding the blade end of the knife, so that she would be taking...
  10. E

OC lunch

imported post Do we have an idea of where we want to do the lunch? Is it going to be saturday or sunday? Are we doing one in the north end and one in the south end? What do you guys think? Let's hear some ideas for places to eat. We need to have a finallized plan by thursday or so, instead of...
  11. E

Full auto case law

imported post OK, so there was a case in bellevue (I think) where some guy was arrested for having a select-fire M4. He beat the charge in the state supreme court because the rifle didn't have a magazine attached, and therefore could not have fired more than one round with one pull of the...
  12. E

Free military range time once a week

imported post So, where are these armories that have small arms ranges? I'm down for free range time. Anyone interested in starting a club that will be affiliated with the NRA?
  13. E

Can we press charges against police officers when they break the law?

imported post In the case that a police officer says something along the lines of:[size=2] This is acknowledging that OC is legal, but threatening to arrest you and book you anyway. This is a violation of several laws, but here are the main ones that interest me: [/b]And So here it is...
  14. E

What does it mean to you to be "manly"?

imported post So we toss around the word "manly" a lot here, and generally reffering to large caliber weapons or the smell of burnt gun powder. I thought it would be nice to take a moment and define what each of us thinks it means to be a man. I don't mean "have a penis", that makes you male. I...
  15. E

the WAC gunshow in monroe meetup

imported post So a group of us met up at the Monroe gun show today, then we went to a BBQ restaurant and some of us went shooting. It was a blast, and I'd like to thank BluesBear for finding a great place for lunch, the food and service was amazing, and it was a truely gun-friendly restaurant...