• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by floyd patriot

1. floyd patriot

People are getting scared

I live in a sparsely populated rural/agricultural county in Va. I am an NRA certified firearms instructor and teach, among other things, Concealed Handgun Permit classes. Recently, the county cut the Sheriff's budget. Again. The Sheriff is down to having only two deputies on the road at any...
  2. floyd patriot

This is goofy - VA is an OC state but does not observe the Castle Doctrine.

Maybe I'm missin' somethin', y'all tell me. Virginia is an open carry state, but does not observe the Castle Doctrine. I can walk the streets with a loaded sidearm on my hip in full view, but can't defend my home against intruders with deadly force unless I can prove intent to harm. What's wrong...
  3. floyd patriot

Need a suggestion

I have a Ruger P345. I'm left handed and am looking for a holster that has a positive lock that must be released to draw the sidearm. I DO NOT want a retentive type. It is imperative that no one would be able to snatch my sidearm from the holster with sheer jerking force. Suggestions? Thanks...
  4. floyd patriot

New member in Floyd County

imported post Just signed up. I'm in Floyd County. Anybody here near me? Jim