• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Jakeus314

1. Jakeus314

Trip to Florida...

I'm going to be traveling to Florida by car next month. I have to assume that my CPL will NOT have arrived yet. Is it safe just to have it locked, unloaded, and inaccessible the whole drive down 75? It seems open carry is not generally legal down there as it is here. Should I even bother...
  2. Jakeus314

"God Given"

I don't want to piss people off, but does anyone really think our rights are "god" given? I personally think it makes rights advocates look a little nutty. It just seems like an unnecessary exaggeration. I don't wish to discuss religion, but perhaps it may be necessary. -jakeus
  3. Jakeus314

Official-like document omits "concealed"

Checking the PFZ section near the bottom of: http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf I noticed they just said no pistols... Not no concealed etc. Any value in bitching to them about it at the county clerk? -jakeus
  4. Jakeus314

CPL class: OC and ID discussion

It was a little frustrating today trying to convince my CPL instructor that OC is not dangerous. He and a 30 yr ex cop insisted that I would be hauled off and charged. Especially if I didn't offer identification when requested. I'm not exactly sure what I believe is the right thing to do, but...
  5. Jakeus314

Full mags in vehicle... No CPL.

Can magazines be kept full if they are completely separate from the locked gun? Cased and empty gun with a lock behind seat. Full mags in a glove box. Is it risky or what? Just a bit annoying always unloading the mags to be sure. BTW I'll be getting a CPL soon anyway. Sent from my iPad...
  6. Jakeus314

On a bus? A boat?

Possessing a firearm in a car on a motorcycle or a bike is considered concealed... What about on a bus or a boat? is there any law to distinguish between these things? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  7. Jakeus314

Wayne County firearms training... Wording mishap?

"A pistol is subject to immediate seizure if the CPL holder is carrying a pistol in a "pistol free" area. The following penalties may also be imposed: " Found at http://www.waynecountyfirearmstraining.com/pistolfreearea.html Just carrying a pistol? Or concealed... Think this is intentional...
  8. Jakeus314

Wayne State University

I asked campus security for a detail about OC and CC on campus and this was my reply... How do long existing policies like this even start? I am quite upset by this. Is this not public property, being a public university? Quote... Thank you for your email. Under the WSU Student Code of...
  9. Jakeus314

Michigan basics...

I'm quite new to guns in general, but strongly believe that we should all be allowed to OC virtually everywhere. I hate the thought of not being allowed to carry somewhere. Is this http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/michigan.pdf correct? I have read a number of stories of people OCing in schools...