• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by JamesB

1. JamesB

Jefferson County OC Ban

Tomorrow at 8:00 am, the Jefferson County commissioners will be deciding whether or not to implement an Open Carry ban at County Offices. This will include the commissioners chamber, the County motor vehicle office, food stamps and social services building, Sheriff's office, District Attorney's...
  2. JamesB

"Detained"

3. JamesB

What's that case?

My brain is a little fuzzy after class today apearently. I'm trying to come up with the case that said "mere presence of a firearm, in and of itself does not constitute probable cause." that's not exactly it but it's close and I cant even get google to cooperate. Anyone know which one I'm...
  4. JamesB

Shooting range/ Gun store will not allow carry

So I finally made it to the Blu Core shooting range on the corner of Wadsworth and Jewell. That's the one that used to be Lakewood Family, and K2 before that. There are signs all over the parking lot and outside of the building that say ALL GUNS BROUGHT INTO THE RANGE MUST BE SECURED IN A...
  5. JamesB

In unrelated news...

Here's the story: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/19/national/main20064366.shtml?tag=re1.channel (AP) GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The Oregon Supreme Court unanimously ruled Thursday that a retired school bus driver can have her medical marijuana and a concealed handgun, too. "We hold that the...
  6. JamesB

Bonidy v. USPS

This is one of the cases we were discussing at the meet n greet in Aurora yesterday. Basically it is asking the courts to apply McDonald to the Post Office to recognize carry there. It is happening here in Colorado... Read more about it here...
  7. JamesB

OC at Comedy Works

So I went to go see Christopher Titus at Comedy Works south tonight... It seemed like everyone was checking out the Glock on my hip, but no one said anything about it. They stopped me at the door to the club and wouldn't let me inside...with my waterbottle. Then after the show when I went...
  8. JamesB

HB 1205 Now in the Senate

03/10/2011 Introduced In Senate - Assigned to State, Veterans & Military Affairs As of yesterday it has been introduced. Step one - Get passed the Committee Call, e-mail, show up. Preferably all three. Start with the Senators that are on the committee.