• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Jonathon Sometimes

1. Jonathon Sometimes

Sweeping Gun Law changes go into effect across Alabama today!

We've had so many setbacks and difficulties. This is the sweet moment where you get to take a breath, and realize something relatively good has happened. Take a second to celebrate this victory today. Everyone has done a great job on this. Thanks to Sen. Beason for running with it, and...
  2. Jonathon Sometimes

Alot of members over at AlabamaOpenCarry.com!

Some of us still check this forum, and some still post here. This is where we first met and started up, but we're off and running over there. Just a reminder to anyone looking for Alabama members. Thanks, OCDO.
  3. Jonathon Sometimes

ALOC Members arrested on July 4th for lawful OC

There were two of us arrested, guns were seized, and we were charged with "Disorderly Conduct." Out on Bail. Sorry can't post any more right now, under the direction of our counsel. Be on the lookout for more news as it develops!
  4. Jonathon Sometimes

ALOC Members arrested on July 4th for lawful OC

Can't post details right now, but weapons were seized, and we were charged with Disorderly Conduct. We are in contact with a pro-2A lawyer, and more details when we are advised we can release them.
  5. Jonathon Sometimes

July 4th Birmingham OC Event

Hey all, I know this is a handgun only site, but I planned an event that would be RIFLE and SWORD OC friendly as well, for July 4th. I'll have my AK on. OC Event (Rifle/Sword Friendly) July 4th 7:30PM Five Points South Starbucks Stage Up 1. ALL RIFLES MUST BE SLUNG. 2. I don't care if...
  6. Jonathon Sometimes

First Police Contact

imported post I'm at Starbucks on Hwy 280 and just had my first police contact with Hoover Police Dept. Sitting inside typing on my computer and a Hoover PD walks in, looks my way, and heads over to the counter. Then he comes over and taps me on the shoulder, and asks if he can speak with me...
  7. Jonathon Sometimes

PawPaw Patch OC Lunch

imported post ThisThursday, a couple of us Starbucksers are having lunch(ish) at 3pm at the PawPaw Patch in Birmingham. OC/CC/NC it's all good. Bring your family and friends!
  8. Jonathon Sometimes

Open Carry when you vote!

imported post Open Carried today to Lawson State Community College and voted. No one said anything. In November, if it's legal to OC where you vote, give it a try. It's your right as an American and an Alabamian.
  9. Jonathon Sometimes

Birmingham City Council Meeting Tuesdays at 9:30am

imported post I will be attempting to attend a Birmingham City Council Meeting tomorrow morning at 9:30am at City Hall openly armed, as is our right. If I am told I cannot attend armed, I will put it in the car just to get into the meeting to raise this very issue to the City Council. I'm sick...
  10. Jonathon Sometimes

Pre-empted signs at public parks in Birmingham

imported post Here's a copy of the email I just sent Mr. Miller with the Birmingham Parks Board, concerning their pre-empted "no firearms" sign at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, one of my favorite places. I don't know if there are other signs in other parks in Bham, but this should take care...
  11. Jonathon Sometimes

Now legal to carry in State Parks!

imported post I use to loveriding outto Tannehill State Park, but stopped going once I figured out they were "no carry." I have read the "OC/CC now legal at National Parks thread" before, but I just re-read it and only now figured out that halfway down the thread you guys were talking about...
  12. Jonathon Sometimes

Birmingham Starbucks

imported post Hollowpoint38 and I are going to be sippin' some overpriced bean-juice at Noon this Sunday. Starbucks at Five Points South in Birmingham. Come on out and say hey, OC or not. :D:D:D:D:D
  13. Jonathon Sometimes

OC Event - Dreamland BBQ in Birmingham!!

imported post Ok everyone that has been itching for an event, here's your chance to help set the date and time in Feb. for this one if you can make it up or down to Birmingham. I just received permission from the General Manager of the 14th Ave Dreamland BBQ in Southside to hold an Open...
  14. Jonathon Sometimes

Introduce yourselves here if you are new!

imported post Here's a thread for all the lurkers, (like I was for a while) to introduce themselves. I know you're out there checking it out - I met a few of you at the BJCC Gun Show! :):):)
  15. Jonathon Sometimes

Body Armor

imported post Body Armor - It's just another tool I wear/carry with me, along with my situational awareness, sidearm, spare mags, and non-lethal alt. (In my case, an extendable baton) It's just a IIa Paca vest to defeat the most common rounds of 9mm and below, and it's worn concealed. In most...