• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Lammie

1. L

The Brady bunch chickens out

imported post http://www.ammoland.com/2010/04/01/obamas-second-amendment-beer-summit-fails-when-antis-pull-out/
  2. L

SB-643 introduced by Coggs and Risser

imported post SB-643 was introduced by senators Coggs and Risser on March 20. It has been read once and referred to the judiciary committee. Keep you eyes on this gun-grabbing bill. It proposes that all firearm transactions, except gifts between family members, must go through a FFL dealer...
  3. L

U.N. Resolution for gun control.

imported post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU http://www.iansa.org/un/un-firearms-protocol.pdf
  4. L

Vehicle Carry

imported post I started a new thread on this topic so that it doesn't get tangled up with the GFSZ and vehicle carry petition drive. SB-442 was introduced November 16, 2005 by Senator Decker and others as an Act to change the vehicle carry statute 167.31. Specifically 167.31 (2)(b). The Act...
  5. L

Dangerous action figures

imported post This article is from the Staten Island Advance NO TOLERANCE FOR TRIFLES Big brouhaha over tiny toy gun Fourth-grader narrowly avoids suspension for 2-inch plastic 'weapon' in South Beach school Wednesday, February 03, 2010 By AMISHA PADNANI ADVANCE STAFF WRITER STATEN ISLAND...
  6. L

NRA Propaganda

imported post I just read this article on Opposing Views. The NRA does it again. Completely ignoring Wisconsin's right to carry constitutional amendment and our right to open carry firearms. Instead the NRA is going on National news claiming that Wisconsin like Illinois has no right to carry...
  7. L

Our Military

imported post As we start this new year lets not forget to take a moment and give thanks to those brave warriors in our military that don't hesitate to make the supreme sacrifice so that we may have the right to agree and disagree and post our thoughts on this forum.
  8. L

Federal Preemption of State Law

imported post This might be of interest to some of you. If the McDonald case goes as most expect, that is that the second amendment will be incorpoated to the states, it will be interesting to see if Article I sections 8 and 10; Article 6 and the10th amendment will have any efect on state gun...
  9. L

New Hanguns without microstamping may be banned after 1/1/11

imported post Wednesday, November 25, 2009 Silly Season in WI Legislature: SB174 The silly season commences. Here are a few names for you to note: Senators Coggs and Taylor; cosponsored by Representatives Young, A. Williams, Turner, Berceau, Grigsby, Colon, Richards, Kessler, Sinicki and...
  10. L

State statute may violate second amendment

imported post Federal firearms conviction vacated State statute may violate Second Amendment by David Ziemer November 18, 2009 Case: U.S. v. Skoien, No. 08-3770. Issue: Does the Lautenberg Amendment violate the Second Amendment? Holding: To survive intermediate scrutiny under the...
  11. L

Letters to AG

imported post Following are two emals I have sent to the personal email address of Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen. I sent carbon email to my legislative representatives as well. I don't expect a written rsponse from the AG because state stautes prohibit the AG from giving advice to us...
  12. L

Natural Resources Board

imported post I may get chastised by Mike for starting a thread that doesn't appear to be related directly to open carry. I think it is related. One of the remaining tasks concerning Wisconsin open carry is the recinding or modification of the vehicle transport statute. The vehicle transport...
  13. L

Signage

imported post I started this thread because the question and discussion of the legal right of private property owners to post signs, or verbally deny, entry of open carry weapons on or in their property is scattered among many other threads. The following is a statement posted on WILENET by AG...
  14. L

Spring election

imported post Don't forget to vote in the special election April 7. Vote for Randy Koschnick as Wisconsin Supreme Court Judge. He is running to replace Shirley Abrahamson. Judge Koschnick would be a win for us. He would be the third conservative judge added in a row. The term for SC judge is...
  15. L

Wisconsin Law Enforcement asociations

imported post Below are the more influential law enforcement associations in the State. Included is contact information. I have contacted each of them over the past couple of years. None have seen fit to reply to me. Perhaps contact from more of us members might elicit a response, especially...