• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by LeviR

1. LeviR

Moving Question

I know this is a little off-topic, but this is the most helpful forum I've been on so I thought I'd post it. My family and I are moving to TX in teh near future and have secured Arizona non-resident permits. The problem is that we live in Kansas (until tomorrow) and can't use our AZ permits to...
  2. LeviR

Citation for Open Carry in Vehicle

I have seen it mentioned several times on this forum (and in the map section) that the rule for Kansas unlicensed open carry is "plain view". However, I am unable to find that in the statutes. Can someone point to the statute? Thanks
  3. LeviR

OC In College Station

I was just in College Station Wednesday for a job interview and saw a couple guys OCing full-size Glocks in J Cody's. Is there some special ordinance there that allows it or were these guys just brave?
  4. LeviR

HB2111 Open Carry Preemption in Kansas?

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/hb2111_01_0000.pdf I'm not a lawyer, nor am I well-versed in legal analysis, but it seems to me that this bill is very clear: open carry will be legal across Kansas with the only exception being court houses and other municipal...
  5. LeviR

PoliceOne survey indicates officers prefer armed citizenry but are leery of OC

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6186552-PoliceOne-Gun-Control-Survey-Are-legally-armed-citizens-the-best-solution-to-gun-violence/ Interesting stuff. May help combat the "90% of Americans support universal background checks" nonsense.
  6. LeviR

1000 foot law and car carry

I'm just trying to clarify the 1000 foot law. If I'm driving into town open carrying a loaded firearm and I drive on a road that is within 1000 feet of school grounds, am I in violation of the federal (or state) laws? Thanks!
  7. LeviR

"places of worship" carry

As I understand it, concealed carry is illegal in "places of worship" in Kansas. Is that the case for open carry as well or do they have to post a sign on the door? Thanks!