• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Northerner

1. Northerner

Question - Firearm on Company Property in a vehicle

Quick question, which I could not find the answer in the SC Law itself; does SC law protect those with a CHP (concealed hangun permit) with having their firearm on company property as long as it is secured and out of site? NC tried to pass a law last year, protecting gun owners and allowing them...
  2. Northerner

East of Raleigh - Wilson. NC OC Meet Up - June 16

Some old friends new to Open Carry are showing some great initiative and are facilitating an Open Carry Meet up in Wilson, NC on June 16th 12 PM -2 PM at the Golden Corral (corner of Forrest Hills Road and Raleigh Road). We should see a lot of new OC'ers attending. We should see a notice soon...
  3. Northerner

TigerSwan Training/Range

Did a cursory search for TigerSwan threads with zero hits. Anybody have any feedback on Tiger Swans civilian training evolutions (pistol or carbine)? They are located in Stedman, NC, but are also global? "TigerSwan specializes in customized training solutions for government, military, law...
  4. Northerner

WRDU RUSH Radio - Casey and Carmen - OC mentioned

Did anyone catch it this morning? Whoever called in to thier show this morning regarding Texas's pending Law for Conceal Carry in Public Owned Colleges, was also able to slip in that Open Carry is legal in many places in NC. "Not many people want to deal with the stares and choose to carry...
  5. Northerner

Bug Out Bag (BOB) Suggestions

Picked up an Alice Pack and frame today (great condition). I am starting to stock it with the essentials. Anybody have some constructive suggestions? Better pack? A must have item beyond ammo? :question: Thanks in advance. (tried a search but nothing came up, unless I did it wrong).
  6. Northerner

Raleigh City Council opposes concealed handgun bill

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9468023/ Reading this today, really pissed me off. :banghead: I responded of course in the WRAL Golo section: "Hey Raleigh City Council (an elected position), I and many, many more of my friends and law abiding CHP holders will be taking our business...
  7. Northerner

K9 - 3K Dog Walk - Moore Square in Raleigh 4/16

I am thinking of attending with my 12 year old mutt and open carrying, but thought I would ask the group your opinion and guidance: - Is Moore Square a City Park or State ParkI am still confused on the restrictions with State vs. Federal vs. City parks when open carrying. - Moore Square wll...
  8. Northerner

I grew up in NH and have a Non-OC question re: out-of-State reciprocity CC...

Hey everyone. Short and sweet; I grew up in NH and left for about a dozen other States over the last 20 years. Currently in NC which is Open Carry friendly (love it), but I do CC in certain areas in NC (prudent). NC and NH have a reciprocity agreement and I am thinking about coming back to NH to...
  9. Northerner

Primland Resort - Meadows of Dan, VA - Need some guidance

Hi all, Be gentle... Strong North Carolina OC (and CC) advocate and my wife surprised me with a trip to Primland Resort. Never OC'd or even CC'd outside North Carolina. Checking as many of the OC and CC maps and law web links, just wondering if any one has had or heard of issues at the resort...
  10. Northerner

A Message from Congresswoman Renee Ellmers

Received via e-mail RE: Bans on high capacity magazines February 10, 2011 Mr. XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX Clayton, NC 27527-9775 Dear XXXX: Thank you for taking the time to contact me and giving me the chance to respond. It is an honor to serve the people of North Carolina here in...
  11. Northerner

NC Castle Doctrine May Be Ammended

Nobody picked up on it yet or is talking about it....so FYI If I read this correctly, the NC General Assembly is looking to discuss/vote(?) (Monday 2/7/11) on the NC Castle Doctrine, ammending it to add immunity from criminal and civil action for justifiable use of force. It would take affect...
  12. Northerner

Ellmers plans to carry gun in public

http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/8977434/ I wonder how long before they exempt themselves from the NC Gun Laws and limitations....for their "safety." I like the Sheriff's coments....baaahhhh baaahhhhhh
  13. Northerner

CNN Quick vote - Should Congress ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rnds

Vote now on CNN Home Page: Should Congress ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds? I know I OC with 13 and 15 round magazines. http://www.cnn.com/ :banghead: