• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Ruiner.NIN

1. Ruiner.NIN

Brian Jones Second Amendment Awareness Event

I apologize about the late notice, I just found out about the event today. Assemblymember Brian Jones, representing the 77th California Assembly District, will be holding a Second Amendment Awareness Event this Friday, September 23rd between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM at the Lemon Grove Rod & Gun Club...
  2. Ruiner.NIN

Robbery at Downtown La Mesa, near the last OC meet

http://lamesa.patch.com/articles/knife-wielding-trio-rob-downtown-pedestrian-of-200 This happened a few blocks away from where we met for a meet. I also heard a rumor that Mayor Art Madrid, a known alcoholic, has a CCW.
  3. Ruiner.NIN

Gun Control Quote of the Day

"The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90 MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20." - Sam Cohen, inventor of the Neutron Bomb
  4. Ruiner.NIN

Need more stories

I love reading these.
  5. Ruiner.NIN

Jealous of Wyoming

Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill
  6. Ruiner.NIN

A reasonable voice in the media regarding CC.

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/ann-coulter/2011/02/03/what-liberal-dont-know-about-guns-chapter-217/ She refers to the attached PDF in her article.
  7. Ruiner.NIN

I have an idea

Could we start a petition to repeal the law that takes effect February 1st? I am sure voters would go in our favor. For more information about the new law, see here: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/13/state-cracks-down-handgun-ammo-sales/
  8. Ruiner.NIN

UOC at Fry's/WalMart in San Diego (Aero Drive), Today at 7pm?

Is anyone up for a quick UOC meetup at Fry's/WalMart on Aero drive? I'd like to get the spy pen mentioned on the board and some ammo at WalMart. Would 7pm be acceptable? A quick Google search shows the nearest school is well over 1000' away...
  9. Ruiner.NIN

LEO Encounter in La Mesa - First time UOC by myself

My friends and I were meeting up at a restaurant in La Mesa. I was the first one there and I was UOC. Two gentlemen immediately noticed my weapon and started chattering. After a few minutes, I had the following conversation with one of them; "What department are you in", he asked. "I am...
  10. Ruiner.NIN

Can my wife carry a gun registered to me?

Due to some recent attacks in my neighborhood, my wife wants to being UOC when she goes running. Can she do so with a gun registered to me without my presence? I found this section which might apply: 2) The dealer licensing and reporting requirements do not apply to the loan of any firearm...