• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by SargentMac

1. SargentMac

Gun Safes: What do you have, what would you suggest, what do you lock up?

So I currently own 2 handguns and 3 rifles. I've got another 3 handguns and 3 long guns I'd like to pick up in the next 2 years. My wife and I are moving to Cali where her dad and her uncle both have guns but don't have them in safes. Her dad has 3 or 4 rifles and 2 handguns, her uncle has 2...
  2. SargentMac

Mayor Daley is GONE!!!

I know this isn't exactly Washington news, but it relates to us gun owners so here's some good news. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/07/chicago-mayor-daley-seek-election/ YAY. Now here's hoping Rahm is smart enough to know that this city has had enough of the Democratic Dictatorship...
  3. SargentMac

OC When Raining

How many of you OC when it's raining? My carry weapons are a Glock 23 and a Beretta 92FS Inox. I have OC'ed the Glock when it's raining. I don't think I'd ever OC a blued firearm if it was raining, though my cousin has. So how 'bout you guys? Do you still OC when it's raining?
  4. SargentMac

Hot Threads

I was just scanning over the first page and noticed that nearly all of the threads are "hot threads". Is WA just alot more active than everyone else or is there something wrong with the site?
  5. SargentMac

Larch Mountain

Can anyone give me directions, preferably including roads or something, up to the Larch Mountain Gravel Pit? I've read there are a ton of signs that read no shooting for the next mile. Since I'm taking my nephew out shooting pistols for the first time, I want to make sure we're legal with a...
  6. SargentMac

S&W 19-3 and 469?

So my friend just showed me his 469 that he picked up for $200. It's a 12+1 9mm, blued with a stainless barrel, serial starting in TAZ. Then he showed me his wife's 19-3, K-frame .357, blued finish with some rust on the handle and rear sight and the serial starts in 5K which I think makes it...
  7. SargentMac

Moving to Butte County soon...

Anyone here in Butte County, in the Chico/Paradise area? Any input on carrying in the area? I'd love some feedback on both OC and CC, as well as any experiences with LEOs. Thanks.
  8. SargentMac

Non-Resident California CWP

Anyone here think that Heller or McDonald are substantial enough to allow a lawsuit against California in hopes of them offering a non-resident CWP? Also wondering what people think California would do if such a case was brought against it.
  9. SargentMac

Your childrens' experience with guns ... Pics appreciated

Start 'em young right?
  10. SargentMac

Starbucks OC meet-up TONIGHT

A few of us in Vancouver are planning to meet at the Starbucks in downtown Vancouver, across from Esther Short Park, tonight at 6PM. I think the plan is coffee but there has been talk of food as well (Subway is next door after all). If you're interested, feel free to drop by. We'll be the...
  11. SargentMac

Butte County CWP

Anyone have experience with getting, or attempting to get, their CWP in Butte County? I'll be moving to the Chico/Paradise area hopefully by the end of the year. I work private security armed in Oregon so I've got plenty of training (we're overseen and trained by the Department of Public...