• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by savery

1. S

Travelling to NC

imported post I may be traveling to NC in the future on business. Due to the nature of my job, it would be to a municipally owned landfill. I have a Virginia Resident CHP. Here's what I've found so far, correct me if i'm wrong: NC honors my VA res CHP. NC has preemption of firearm laws for...
  2. S

Any NRA certified instructors out there?

imported post I'm posting this in the Virginia forum as i figured there may be a few locals that meet the description. I'm interested in becoming one, and I read the NRA information pertaining to the topic. It appears that i have to take an exam, and a course for the courses i wish to teach...
  3. S

Life after the election

imported post Noticeable improvements - like a repeal of gun laws, or the passage of pro gun legislation Generally positive - nothing fantastic, but the government shows a little more respect for the second amendment Business as usual - the trend of the past 20 years of ups and downs...
  4. S

National Forest Carry

imported post What does anyone know about carrying in a national forest - specifically the GW and TJ? According to this webpage: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/general_info/index.shtml CC with a permit is OK. However, a friend was saying something about "wilderness areas" and that some places...
  5. S

Poll: do you carry to work?

imported post Do you carry to work, or at least to the parking lot? I'm curious. My response - No, due to anti gun laws (work in MD but live in gun friendly VA) I look forward to the day when I work in VA again....
  6. S

Ya'll will love this one

imported post http://splodetv.com/video/gun-free-zone
  7. S

MD gun purchase laws

imported post One of my co-workers that lives in MD is interested in getting a pistol for protection, which I think is great. The only problem is that as a Virginian, I really don't know the laws. what must one go through in order to buy a pistol? Someone told me that you had to take a class or...
  8. S

OCDO Challenge!

imported post Ok, this isn't an officially sanctioned event, per se, but just an informal challenge. Do your RKBA civic duty..... And take someone shooting, preferably someone who's never been before. I challenge you to take two people shooting in October. They don't have to be first timers -...
  9. S

A baaaaaad, baaaaad precedent...

imported post First off, I know this isn't gun related, but I find it of significant value to those that OC, especially in groups. The gist: two siblings in New Haven, CT are charged with Felony breach of peace for sprinkling flour in a parking lot...
  10. S

Suggested reading...

imported post Since there have been quite a few stories about people being detained while carrying, I thought I'd reccomend a book. It's you and the police, and it helps clarify a lot of misconceptions (like the fact that you're not required to cary, not to mention produce ID if you're not...
  11. S

How's this for an idea

imported post I've been wanting to get my concealed weapons permit for a while, however two things have been stopping me: 1. you have to do it 9-5, monday-friday. I don't feel like taking off of work for something that I shouldn't have to have a license for. 2. I hate background checks. I've...
  12. S

OT quesiton about PP taxes

imported post Ok, i know it's OT, but since I'm new to the area and have no friends/family that live here, I figured I'd pose a question to a few people that may be residents of loudon or leesburg. I bought a new car in march from a dealer. a few weeks ago I received my permanent registration...
  13. S

question about car OC...

imported post Question about OCing in the car... When you're OCing in the car, everyone says to put your gun on the dash. What about the passenger seat? Reason I ask is because anything that goes on my dash does not stay on my dash (due to the general design and copious amounts of armor all)...
  14. S

Hey pilots

imported post Well I've seen at least two of you on here.... hawkflyer and HLH... any more of us out there? As for me I'm a pilot (that works for AOPA) and of course always like to know who my fellow aviators are. anyone carry and fly? i would have back in richmond, but around here...