• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Shorts

1. S

"A thought"

imported post I received this in my inbox this morning. I wasn't really sure what to make of it. But, it is from my District representative, who did not answer ANY of my attempts to contact him about TX OC. I plainly see it makes no regard to issues at hand, but it makes me wonder about his...
  2. S

"We needed licensed OC because.."

imported post ...I don't want some yahoo without training being able to OC a firearm" Now, is the poster's concern that he will be shot by the yahoo or that the yahoo will do stupid things with his gun in general? Edit: sorry for the title typo. I'm up late reading posts again... ;)
  3. S

"OCers have no common sense"

imported post I'm still pretty new to all this, waiting on TX to pull through so please forgive me if I missed the boat on this subject (I'll continueto search the forums). A primary criticism I hear is that OCers should use better judgement and discretion on where they open carry. That OC...
  4. S

"OC reduces situational awareness"

imported post I've had that argument thrown my way in other forums. My answer is, I don't agree. One still must be vigilant in the places they go, when they go (after dark, daylight), who is around and so forth regardless of what is or isn't in your possession. I guess by the same (flawed)...
  5. S

Ladies who OC - how are you recieved?

imported post I was just curious what kind of reception, if any, the ladies get when they OC and they're out and about. I have never experienced OC but wondering what I should expect if I do. Are you treated any better/worse than maybe the guys have experienced? Does anyone even notice? Are you...