• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Sig229

1. Sig229

Employer "No Guns" Sign...

Just wondering if anyone has knowledge if its illegal to have a Concealed Handgun License and carry at work, even though they have a no firearms sign posted in West Virginia? I realize a person would probably be fired, but would there be any legal action taken?
  2. Sig229

New Gun for Christmas! (Pic's)

Got a Ruger LCP .380 I will try and shoot it tomorrow for the first time if we dont end up getting that bad ice storm. But just from handling it, it fits very nicely in the hand for being a super sub-compact pocket pistol. I was also looking at the Kel-Tec in .380, but this Ruger LCP just felt...
  3. Sig229

Applied For My LTCF Today.....

Went to the Fayette county Sheriffs office today and applied. They were on the phone with PICS for quite a while and then the lady took my picture for the license. I was thinking, cool, I'll be walking out of the court house with a freshly laminated license today. But no luck. She said I was...
  4. Sig229

My New AK (Pic's)

Just bought a new AK. Its a Polish AKMS in 7.62x39mm with the underfolder stock. Yes, it was built by Century, but believe it or not its better made than my Romanian ROMAK and its even more accurate. The receiver is made by NODAK Spud and seems well made. My only complaint is the barrel isnt...
  5. Sig229

Gun Show in Fairmont this weekend!

October 6th & 7th When: Sat. 9am-5pm & Sun. 9am-4pm Where: National Guard Armory, 1516 Mary Lou Retton Drive, Fairmont, WV 26554. Admission: $6.00 for Adults. Children 12 and under free!
  6. Sig229

Non-Res VA Concealed Carry License....

Just wondering how long the usual process takes to get a CHL in VA. Im thinking about adding VA non res to my collection.
  7. Sig229

Cop Smacks Camera With Night-Stick

Just saw this on youtube and wanted to get your thoughts since many of us carry recording devices while OC'ing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWT4EYTdQM
  8. Sig229

Anyone in SW PA or WV want to shoot rifles?

I just got a "Range Permit" to use the state game lands ranges. Went to one in Fayette County and it was actually pretty nice. Had a 50 and 100 yard range with nice benches to shoot from. The first time I was there there were a couple of other folks shooting, but they were all safe (Ive heard...
  9. Sig229

Here I come WV - Woo Hoo!

Well, good news guys (and gals?). Last week I was hired at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in Morgantown and it looks like I will be spending a lot more time in WV. I'll probably move to Morgantown later next month. Dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed living in Pittsburgh but considering its the pothole...
  10. Sig229

WV County Sheriff Supports Brady Campaign? (pic)

I may be moving to Morgantown WV this fall and I am familiar with WV gun laws and I can honestly say its really a great state for gun rights and gun owners. I often visit WV and OC there all the time. Never once had a problem. So tonight I go on the Monongalia country Sheriff's website to get...
  11. Sig229

Preemption Amendment Accepted in House Committee

Got this in my email today from the NRA: Today, the state House Judiciary Committee passed a firearms preemption amendment to Senate Bill 273 by a 22 to 3 vote. SB 273 was then unanimously voted out of committee, and will now go to the House floor for consideration where it could be voted on...
  12. Sig229

Recording Police in WV?

I did a qiuck search on the web but didnt come up with much. Does anyone have a link to the laws regarding audio and video taping police in WV? Thanks.
  13. Sig229

LEO's Ran my "Sportsman Firearm Permit" Today

I was fishing off of the Youghiogheny River and a game commission officer walked down the bank and said hello. He didn't notice my Sig openly carried until halfway through the small talk. He only asked "what type of pistol is that?" I told him and also handed over my current fishing license...
  14. Sig229

Almost Shot a Copper Head Snake Today.

It was a warm day and I figured I would go down to the river and go fishing. Turned out a lot of other people planned the same thing and a lot of the fishing spots were taken. I figured I would walk along the bank up a mile or two and get away from all of them. While walking along the rocky...
  15. Sig229

.32 ACP ammo in a .32 Revovler?

I bought a very nice .32 revolver for my grandmother a year ago and it works well for her. Almost no recoil (even w/ magnum loads), and decent size for her hands. Anyhow, I found a few boxes of .32acp FMJ and out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could load the ACP rounds in the .32 long...