• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by smash29

1. S

Pocket holster?

imported post Hey all, Now that I've (hopefully) had all the bugs worked out of my P380 I'm looking for a way to carry it as a BUG or primary weapon. The two options I've looked into have been ankle and pocket carry and after some trial and error at the range I've settled on the latter. I'm...
  2. S

LaserMax?

imported post Just wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience with LaserMax lasers. Now that I've built up a bit of a handgun collection I'm turning my attention and (non) disposable income towards accessories such as lights and/or lasers and the LaserMax set-up would seem to simplify...
  3. S

.380 FMJ for personal defense?

imported post Any thoughts on using .380 FMJ ammo for personal defense? I just picked up a Kahr P380 (SWEET gun!) and I was talking to a guy at the range about ordering JHPs to carry and he opined that with the inherent weakness of the .380 FMJ might be a better choice for the extra...
  4. S

I feel so much safer...

imported post http://www.fresnobee.com/406/story/1586233.html "But one enterprising person was reported running his own "cash for guns" effort, approaching people waiting in line. He got away before police could catch him." OK, which one of you was it? I promise not to tell!
  5. S

Self defense insurance.

imported post Hey all, I was killing some time at Borders yesterday reading a Concealed Carry/True Stories- type book and a few of the examples mentioned the cost of defending yourself and the fact that there exist insurance policies to cover the consequences of a self defense shooting. It...
  6. S

Robar grip reduction?

imported post Hey all, I've been considering getting some grip work done on my Glock 20 and I was just curious if anyone had any experience with Robar or could point me towards another company who does similar work. Even in the Short Frame configuration my G20 it's just a tad large for my...
  7. S

Glock rocks!

imported post Now this isn't meant to start a "my plastic is better than your plastic" argument but I just had a great experience with the people over at the Glock U.S. HQ in Smyrna GA and had to heap some praise. I stopped by the HQ to ask about an issue I was having with the recoil spring...
  8. S

My new toys.

imported post Yeah, the little one is pretty common and the larger isn't that hard to find but they're new and they're mine! Now if I could just find some ammo to feed them.... G26 & G20SF
  9. S

Glock magazine "bulging"?

imported post Hey all, I just discovered somewhat of an issue with 3 Glock magazines I just bought and I was curious if anyone has had an similar experiences. I picked up 3 G37/10 round magazines a few weeks ago for my G38 and in the process of testing them out at the range I found themvery...
  10. S

Flat point bullets for the great outdoors?

imported post In my continuing search for info about guns and ammo for defense during my "outdoor" pursuits i've been led to the Double Tap ammo website where I see Flat Point FMJ ammunition in various calibers touted as "THE load for the woods". How accurate is that assessment? It seems to me...
  11. S

Sig DAK trigger?

imported post Anyone have experience with the Sig DAK trigger? I have a DA/SA P239 and I'm considering sending it back to have it converted. The Sig was my first gun so I'm kind of attached to it but I haven't been shooting it much because I've come to prefer the "same pull every time" trigger...
  12. S

Ammo storage/dessicant?

imported post Hey all, I've read a bit on ammo storage and I keep hearing aboutusing a dessicantand an airtight case. Well I already have a bunch of ammo cans from my bulk purchases but I don't have any idea where to even begin a search for dessicant. How important is this and where should I...
  13. S

Training schools

imported post Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations on a school where I can get some good firearms training. I tooka skill builder class at SigArms Academyand it wasn't the best experience so I'm a bit apprehensive aboutattending theses organized schools again.I've looked a bit into the...
  14. S

Rifle info?

imported post Nevermind.
  15. S

Unsupported chamber?

imported post Can someone set me straight on the issues involved with an unsupported chamber? I just picked up a bunch of 9mm ammo out at Georgia Arms and in the fine print I read "These cartridges are not warranted for use in firearms with unsupported chambers....". I have a few guns that I...