• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by sparkman2

1. sparkman2

What do you do?

When we leave our homes everyday, we have no idea how that day is going to turn out but we pray that as the day goes on we find our way to make it back home to our families. I carry everywhere that I can possibly carry legally in the Hampton Roads area and there is so much going on that I never...
  2. sparkman2

Sorry for my question

Excuse my ignorance but can:question: anyone please define for me what P4P is?
  3. sparkman2

who needs a gun while confronting trespassers

Who dat? No flashlights
  4. sparkman2

When spent casings attack!!

I was at the range today, and the weirdest thing happened. I have a set of safety glasses that fit over my regular glasses so that I can still see what I am shooting at. I was about halfway through a box of .45ACP and about three shots into a 7 round magazine when one of the casings somehow...
  5. sparkman2

Bad ammo?

I recently was out having some me time on a farm and decided to take out my Henry .44 Magnum Big Boy for some air. After squeezing off about a dozen rounds or so, I looked down while I was inserting another round and noticed that the primer part of the shell had separated from the casing and the...
  6. sparkman2

Warm weather on its way

As the warm weather comes it is important to find a OC holster that is not only practical but economically viable to all. This one is universal too. :rolleyes:
  7. sparkman2

Loaded or unloaded

What is the definition in the state of Virginia of a loaded fire arm or an unloaded fire arm. The only reference that I see is 4VAC15-40-60: H. Meaning of "possession" of bow, crossbow, or firearm and definition of "loaded crossbow" and "loaded firearm." For the purpose of this section, the...
  8. sparkman2

Hampton Roads - OC reports

I am now educated. Thanks to all. That is pretty funny though...
  9. sparkman2

Too much?

I have been OCing for a couple of years and always have been wondering if my choice of handguns is a bit too much. I carry a Kimber Stainless II .45ACP To much?
  10. sparkman2

If asked...

I open carry almost everywhere I can, and if I can't I don't go there. I am curious as to how some of you respond to individuals asking you why you carry a firearm. I have been asked a couple of times why and my response always depends on the individual who is asking. I was asked by a mother...
  11. sparkman2

The CDC and Gun Control

Ran across this today. http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Guns-Self-Defense-CDC-NRA/2013/07/20/id/516128 Seems we spent $10 million on something we already knew.
  12. sparkman2

It's not over

This may or ay not be within the rules of the forum so I apologize in advance for this posting and if the moderators feel it necessary to move it to another area please do so. Whether you OC or CC, I have this feeling that our RKBA is going to be put in question on whether we have the right to...
  13. sparkman2

Gov. Cuomo

I was wonder what everyone thought of NY Gov. Cuomo's remarks http://www.infowars.com/new-york-gov-mandatory-gun-sale-to-state-and-confiscation-are-options/
  14. sparkman2

When asked a question "Why do you Open Carry?" How do you respond?

...of why you OC, how would you respond? I was asked by a friend of mine how often I OC and my reply was all the time. I admit that there are certain times that I will CC, there are also times I am unable to carry at all, but almost always I OC. He gave me the old "what if"" scenario of the ex...
  15. sparkman2

Glad to be a Virginian

As I am really partial to OCing, I was recently in Florida and I got to tell you, trying to figure out where and when you can carry a handgun is frustrating. Florida is a not an open carry state and their laws are similar to our about privately owned areas. It is really hard to feel comfortable...