• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by TN_Mike

1. TN_Mike

Are there any OC groups in Central Indiana?

Obviously, as my screen name suggests, I am from Tennessee. But, for the time being anyway, I live in Indiana. Probably will for several years to come as well. Open Carry is very common in the part of Tennessee I am from and I am wondering if there are any OC groups here in Indiana. I seem to...
  2. TN_Mike

Great Customer Service from Energizer!!

I have been carrying this light for 3 years every single day.: When I say I have used it every day, I mean I have USED it every single day. This light has seen some hard use. It has fallen 2 stories onto hard concrete. It has banged off lots of solid objects. It has been used in water, in...
  3. TN_Mike

Any Open Carry groups in the Monrovia/Mooresville/Plainfield area?

Move here from my home state of Tennessee (thus the screen name) back in May. I don't think we are going to be here too long as no one in my family, me, wife or any of the 5 kids like it here. But, for the time being, I was wondering if there are any open carry groups in our area. We live in the...
  4. TN_Mike

I will soon be leaving Tennessee

imported post I have accepted a job in the Atlanta GA area and soon my family and I will be driving out of Tennessee for good. I am excited about the new job and this new chapter in our lives but, to be honest, I am very very sad about leaving Tennessee. We have only lived here for a little...
  5. TN_Mike

Tell me about Kennesaw and Atlanta in general

imported post Well, my family and I are GA bound. We will be moving to the Atlanta area in a few weeks. I have accepted a job there and we are in the process of packing up the West Tennessee home and getting ready to move. We are looking at the Kennesaw area (I saw the thread about the OC guys...
  6. TN_Mike

To all West Tennessee Members!

imported post The Shelby County Chapter of the Tennessee Firearms Association will meet Thursday, 3/19/09 at 7:00 PM (19:00) at Range USA: http://www.rangeusa.com 2770 Whitten Rd. in Memphis. Please support Range USA every chance you can! They support TFA. The Shelby County TFA is honored...
  7. TN_Mike

I got a new XD .40 bi-tone! Pics!

imported post Picked up a new XD .40 bi-tone, service model yesterday. I will be taking it to the range on Sunday and put a few hundred rounds through it. As soon as it proves itself reliable, it will be replacing the Glock 23 as my everyday carry gun. The XD fits my hand so much better and...
  8. TN_Mike

Great encounter with Memphis PD while OCing

imported post I work on Highland Street in Memphis and Friday on the way home I needed gas. So I stopped at the Kroger gas station in Poplar Plaza there at Poplar and Highland. I was, as I almost always am, openly carrying the Glock 23 in the Blackhawk SERPA holster on my right hip. I went to...
  9. TN_Mike

Friday morning at AutoZone

imported post Stopped in at the AutoZone in our town to pick up a pair of shocks for the old Jeep Cherokee and I was, as usual open carrying the Glock 23 in my Blackhawk SERPA on my right hip. Went in, the clerk there looked up what I needed, got it from the back, we chatted for a few minutes...
  10. TN_Mike

Let's hear from the Memphis Metro area members!

imported post Hey guys. My name is Mike (TN_Mike) and I live in Arlington. I'd like to hear from everyone who lives in the Memphis Metro area. This includes Shelby County, Fayett County, Tipton County and surrounding area from there. I know there is an old thread on hee looking for Memphis...
  11. TN_Mike

My OC experience for today..Memphis TN

imported post So, after work I went to the gas station actually, the Kroger gas station at Poplar Plaza to be exact. No one even batted an eye. Then, went into the Kroger at the Poplar Plaza complex and bought a few small items. Again, no one so much as looked funny at me. No comments. Then...
  12. TN_Mike

I'm Unemployeed!

imported post I'm Unemployeed! At least until Monday.... Today was my last day working at WHBQ FOX 13 in Memphis Tennessee. It was a bit sad saying goodbye to all the friends I have made in my brief 2 year stint there but it was exciting because I am starting a brand new job Monday with...
  13. TN_Mike

Taking a new job!

imported post I will be leaving my current job of 2 years to take a new job, still in Shelby County, in the town of Bartlett specifically, in the next few days. I am looking forward to the new job. More money, better hours, a company car, and it is closer to my home. So, this is an all arounf...
  14. TN_Mike

Changed my screen name....

imported post Well, I was PT-111 but I no longer carry that gun. I have upgraded my carry guns and I now carry a Glock 23. My other carry gun is a Sig P239. The PT-111 has been relegated to rage use and sitting in the safe. So, just to make sure everyone knows, I used to be PT-111 and I am now...