• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. solus

NC OC experience reports

thank heavens the mall in goldsboro hasn't posted signage on it's property perimeter course sears bailed and now the community is worried about its survivability. my walk though on monday showed the majority "niche" stores still closed and a couple showing lease signs. enjoying the monsoonal...
  2. solus

ISP Files "emergency rules" for FOID & CCL

missed that completely OC...thanks needed that laugh...glad to see the dictator syndrome has filtered down to the blue brotherhood autocratics.
  3. solus

NC OC experience reports

i am sorry to report no panic has crept over the rural religious Eastern North Carolina countryside as i roamed it, all the while OC'g amongst the population... Memorial Monday took new (used) PU to Firestone for an alignment and sauntered to JC Penny's, through to the interior of the Mall to...
  4. solus

ISP Files "emergency rules" for FOID & CCL

Milord, your kind attention is directed to the other recent IL thread and this cite... https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/illinois-state-police-issue-emergency-foid-card-ccl-renewal-rules/2253246/ one hopes your curiosity has been sated and your mind has wandered back...
  5. solus

Never Been Delayed 30 Days...Until Now!

forgive the query...H U H? what fiasco? uh further why would citizens be six months (180 days) behind on their renewal especially since Pritzker declared the lock down on 20 march 2020 or 68 days?? additionally, IL renewal process is in massive chaos and has been months prior to the pandemic...
  6. solus

Never Been Delayed 30 Days...Until Now!

milady, if i may offer a perspective... with the pandemic causing furloughs. sick-outs, ad nauseam at WSP and SO as well as coupled with the BS lackluster "who gives a poop" from those in power exacerbated by recent [term is relative] anti firearm incentives might/could/maybe/has caused your...
  7. solus

Gone West - Farewell Peter Nap...

still remember when i pranked him at the olice garden restaurant and he didn't flinch when handed "paper" ~ he just immediately called user then blinked twice as i joined him at dinner where grapeshot just chuckled at him as paul grumbled under his breath...
  8. solus

so it begins...Raleigh PD questioning OC firearms

CoL linkie no workie... 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
  9. solus

Jackson Mayor suspends open carry law amid COVID-19 pandemic

unfortunately...capitulation was chosen...
  10. solus

so it begins...Raleigh PD questioning OC firearms

https://www.wral.com/raleigh-police-investigating-armed-protest-group/19094083/ quote The Raleigh Police Department is investigating but said in a statement, "While State law does not permit individuals to possess a dangerous weapon when they are participating in or spectating at a protest...
  11. solus

NC OC experience reports

well off to the big cities in the west...[note virus has caused a very visible symptom ~ the NC drivers have gotten worse!] while on my field trip stopped at Cabelas looking for several items and while by the holsters a small framed black woman was discussing a shoulder rig and how it fits on...
  12. solus

VA-ALERT: VCDL is organizing NOW to fight back - we need YOU to do your part!

cb5300...barros posted this to the forum's owner 15 nov 2019, quote: Un-enroll me from this site please. It is pointless to attempt to converse with mindless fanatics. Do not post anything further to me. unquote. this was exactly 2 days after joining this premier OC forum... soooo...he's...
  13. solus

KY Freedom Rally May 2

per your cite... "...a large group of protesters..." equates to two thousand? neither cite expressed "thousands"...
  14. solus

KY Freedom Rally May 2

per foto caption "...more than a hundred showed up..." https://www.wdrb.com/news/coronavirus/freedom-rally-protesters-gather-at-capitol-to-call-for-kentuckys-businesses-to-reopen-from-pandemic/article_46579820-8cd1-11ea-ad6e-cf2275ba3d05.html
  15. solus

Rifle Open Carry Question

AD...review of 790.xxx statutes: 790.001 (6) “Firearm” means any weapon (including a starter gun) which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any...
  16. solus

Supreme court punts New york case

and this comes as a surprise some based on the history of the USSC
  17. solus

NC OC experience reports

off to lowes again and i was looking for screws and a bruiser sized man asked what caliber i was toting...so maintaining social distancing - we chatted, then in the middle of a sentence he did what numerous folks have done in the past ~ pulled up his t-shirt and showed me his concealed full...
  18. solus

Best wishes to John Wesley Hall, Esq. Fourth Amendment .com. Long hospitalized.

jthunter, i believe the site is DOA and it wasn't the virus...this is the same quagmire that besieged the colorado gun forum... shame someone didn't pull the plug and let it fade into everyone's memory.
  19. solus

NC OC experience reports

well broke my virus pledge...went to rosewood wally world for vit which sam didn't have in stock... no mask, waited in line for maybe 5 minutes, went inside and got what i was looking for [of course at the other side of the building] all the while people watching...one lady wearing mask below...