• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. JTHunter2

Trump to consider invoking Insurrection Act exception to Posse Comitatus Act of 1878

When the show originally aired, it was in "prime time" and was the only animated show in prime time. I loved watching that show as a kid.
  2. JTHunter2

Ginburg has passed

When I was a child, my parents and grandparents taught me not speak ill of the dead. Enough said?
  3. JTHunter2

Trump to consider invoking Insurrection Act exception to Posse Comitatus Act of 1878

Remember when Luke told Yoda "I'm not afraid."? Yoda's reply was (as he leaned in closer and squinted) "You will be.". To paraphrase Yoda's reply, "They will learn.". :devilish:
  4. JTHunter2

Many on the left, esp. the "far" left, have already stated their intentions on what they will do when/if Trump wins. It is likely to get MUCH more violent.
  5. JTHunter2

Nick Sandmann Lawyer L. Lin Wood Offers to Represent 17-Year-Old Kenosha Shooter Pro Bono

John Pierce has withdrawn from the case. https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-accused-kenosha-shooter-resigns-201229254.html
  6. JTHunter2

Defund the LE agencies...might save some $$$

Just because one officer MAY be a deceitful and fraudulent crook is no reason to throw out the good cops. BTW, between your insurance rates and other "miscellaneous" expenses incurred from a reduced police presence, you would end up paying a lot more of your disposable income to replace your...
  7. JTHunter2

And "protestors" that have come from outside the area and who may have been paid to be there are NOT "protestors". They are mercenaries. And THAT makes it an "insurrection".
  8. JTHunter2

ah, a young pro police civilian militia wantabe guards the community

The video I saw of the guy that got shot in the arm (and survived) showed him on one knee on the street with the semi-auto pistol still in his right hand.
  9. JTHunter2

Interesting

Years ago, there was a poster I saw that said - "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T out to get you." It wouldn't surprise me that some government black ops would be involved in something like this. It would be perfect for the "commucrats" to support something like this...
  10. JTHunter2

Federal Appeals Court Throws Out California Ban On Large-Capacity Gun Magazines

While this is a good start, it was a ruling by only three of the judges and only covers about 6 states and Guam. It does however, have the potential to throw more magazine restrictions out by giving lawyers in other districts some "ammunition". It may have to pass a full "en banc" review by the...
  11. JTHunter2

Man Uses “Shower Gun” After Burglar Breaks In While He’s in the Shower

Solus - just because the "incident" happened in 2019 has little bearing on when the article was written and posted. There is no date on the article for that. Look at the "Armed Citizen" snippets in the NRA magazines. Many of those are many months older than the magazine's issue month.
  12. JTHunter2

Subway bans open carry in their stores

If you are both in good health, that shouldn't be a problem. Women frequently outlast men by 10-15 years. My father died at 79 of complications of Parkinson's. He was 3 months older than my mother who is still alive at 91. HER father was almost 101 when he passed. My paternal grandmother...
  13. JTHunter2

Open carry still alive in Missouri?

Wearing a mask doesn't help or protect anybody. Medical science has known this for over 10 years. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1750-2659.2011.00307.x Six of eight randomized controlled trials found no significant differences between control and intervention groups (masks...
  14. JTHunter2

Not when you are a caretaker for an elderly parent (a retired teacher) who refuses to leave their house until they have a "toe tag". (YOU try getting a teacher to do something they don't WANT to do !)
  15. JTHunter2

Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of choosing OC vs. CC here in IL-ANNOY. We either pony up the outrageous fees and time requirements for a CC permit, or we go without.
  16. JTHunter2

Chitcago Now LARGEST Outdoor Shooting Range in America

We always have been.
  17. JTHunter2

Trigger happy

In looking at the picture on the right side at the top of the article, I have to ask - Do either of those bikers look "black" to you? While it is rather difficult to see their faces, they don't appear to be black. As for that lunkhead pointing the gun at them, if the bikers were on a "public"...
  18. JTHunter2

When Can You Threaten Deadly Force as a Defensive Tactic? Eugene Volokh

The thing that bugs me about these two (beside their poor gun handling skills) is that they are frequent donors to the DNC as well as groups BLM, Everytown et. al., yet, being the elitists they are, they choose to have guns.