• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. F

Firearms Safety is Key to our Continued Freedoms

Some shooters/hunters never realize why they are never invited back.
  2. F

Firearms Safety is Key to our Continued Freedoms

Sorry but a lot of hunting and hunting areas requires walking other wise you never see nor harvest any of the game you want to. Stand hunting can as is very productive for certain species in certain areas. Stand hunting for most upland birds would be totally fruit less. I done a lot of both...
  3. F

THE LAST CHANCE To Get National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Passed.

So true SCOTUS has dropped the ball on the 2nd many times.
  4. F

Riverchase Galleria Mall shooting

The real Nightmare was totally erased wondered what happened. Has he come back?
  5. F

Under the influence

c2) It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun It appears to that this statute applies to carrying a concealed handgun. There might be others that could apply to open carry but so far no one has posted such. A long time ago I realized that...
  6. F

FIST Holsters. Worst. Company. Ever.

Well after reading the response the OP had I would not have bothered ordering from them. But some times we have to learn on our own.
  7. F

Open carry report

Go to the annual meeting introduce a resolution and have it voted on by the membership. If you can get 20 members to agree you can rule the annual meeting \. There is normally a low turn out. My CU has to offer a free meal to get people to show up. My CU is not posted I have carried there...
  8. F

Supremes asked to open door to interstate handgun sales

The court has had plenty of chances to up hold the 2nd amendment. A simple shall not infringe ruling, means shall not infringe, would do away with all the infringements. But so far the courts have refuse to even mention that part of the 2nd amendment. There is always hope but most judges are...
  9. F

THE LAST CHANCE To Get National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Passed.

All or nothing that is the ticket to winning. That attitude as worked so well in the past. Please demand your congressmen do nothing until they have the perfect bill before them. That way nothing well get done and we can wait another few decades for the courts to decide or not. There is no...
  10. F

Stopped by the police

I think reciprocity was written into the enabling statue. As long as MN was a communist governor and AG we well not get reciprocity with them. And that just got worse.
  11. F

Riverchase Galleria Mall shooting

Too early to tell what really happen. Waiting for more information.
  12. F

Sig P365

I was out shooting with my hunting partner getting some practice in for our November deer hunt. After we were done shooting the rifles. He brought out his new never shot P365. First impressions when after he handed it to me. Nice feel, very nice night sights. Shot to point of aim, easy to...
  13. F

We must be winning

Consider the lack of reports in the state sections and the many postings on non-gun subjects. We must be winning. It wasn't that long ago there were reports of lots of conflicts. Now except for a very few anti gun states things seem to be going well.
  14. F

Open carry report

I had some business to do in town last Thursday. I had my 1911 in a nice leather pancake holster along with matching double mag holder. First stop was my local credit union to drop some papers off, then in this order, my lawyers office, gas station, local metal recycler, post office where I...
  15. F

Stopped by the police

Just thought I would bump the Wis forum with this report out of Middleton http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/07/dean-weingarten/i-was-stopped-for-open-carrying-in-middleton-wisconsin/ Forty-one minutes and three miles into the walk, I saw the SUV with the flat, narrow light bar slowing down...
  16. F

Saw a unicorn today

I was going in into the local farm supply today when I saw a young man carrying pistol. It was raining fairly hard and I had a rain coat covering my 1911. We didn't have much time to talk because of the rain. I told him to have a nice day and we went about our business.
  17. F

Ryan Kills HPA

Just the excuse he needed. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3591569/posts Skip to comments. Paul Ryan Sides with Hillary: Shelves Bill to Deregulate Suppressors Breitbart.com ^ | 10-3-2017 | AWR HAWKINS Posted on 10/03/2017 11:23:21 AM PDT by servo1969 Two days after an attacker...
  18. F

Is MN going Constitutional carry

Nice to see another Midwest state moving in the right direction http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3531879/posts Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard Wednesday! (MN) NRA National Rifle Association ^ | 3-3-2017 | Bryan Strawser Posted on ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017‎...
  19. F

Constitutional carry on the move

Constitutional carry on the move time to call your state senator. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/lawmakers-advance-bill-allowing-carrying-hidden-guns-without-permits-training/article_42032c7d-b976-52fc-bf71-e5839f692240.html
  20. F

The SHARE act.

The SHARE act is moving in the house. Among the good things in it is getting rid of the Army Corp. ban on handgun carry. Other good stuff is reinforcing the firearm owners protection act. Opening up more federal lands for hunting. A version of the HPA and many other good things...