• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. mnrobitaille

Halloween carrying??

Since Halloween is under 48 hours away, was curious what everyone has planned regarding the evening's activities. I'm gonna be participating in my city's trunk-or-treat, handing out candy/goodies at city hall. My idea is to be costumed as a responsibly armed citizen.
  2. mnrobitaille

Government officials open carrying??

I was just curious if anyone knows of any elected/appointed government officials (not counting County Sheriffs/Constables) that regularly open carry??
  3. mnrobitaille

Everett Police offering gift cards for firearms

Copied from the Everett Police Department Facebook: EVERETT POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL BE HOSTING ITS FIRST GUNS FOR GIFT CARDS EXCHANGE EVENT ON DECEMBER 17, 2022 EVERETT, WA –The Everett Police Department will host its first Guns for Gift Cards exchange on Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022 at the Everett...
  4. mnrobitaille

Carrying on University of Idaho campus

Idaho is a Constitutional Carry state, however the University of Idaho disallows the carrying of firearms on campus openly. Only those that have the Idaho "Enhanced" concealed weapons license & qualified retired law enforcement may carry properly concealed firearms while on campus. There are...
  5. mnrobitaille

Fight against SB 5078 (Magazine ban above 10 rounds).

Brownells Announces Mag Dump for Washington State: In response to the standard-capacity magazine ban passed in Washington state, Brownells will donate $2.00 for every aluminum Brownells AR-15 magazine sold to the Washington-based Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). SAF is currently planning to...
  6. mnrobitaille

Disallowing of OC at city council meetings & city offices

The Washington State Legislative branch is trying to now ban OC while conducting business at City Hall or attending City Council meetings. Disallowing OC at Municipal government offices & meetings
  7. mnrobitaille

School being held liable for their inactions which resulted in school shooting.

Looks like Oxford (Michigan) High School administration/officials are going to be sued in regards to their actions (or lack of) which allowed the school shooting to happen. School to be held liable??
  8. mnrobitaille

Traveling cross country while open carrying.

Starting Friday, August 20 until I get back home, I'll be traveling from Washington State to Wisconsin. I'll be traveling through the following states: Washington (have current CPL), Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, & Wisconsin. Through research, I've found that Idaho, Montana...
  9. mnrobitaille

Visiting Wisconsin from Washington State

I'm looking at being in Wisconsin from December 12, 2020 through about January 4, 2021 visiting my wife who decided to move to Kenosha to get away from the craziness happening in Washington State. I have a current Washington State CPL & knw that Washington & Wisconsin have reciprocity. I'm just...
  10. mnrobitaille

Carrying while wearing a mask??

Was watching the US Lawshield webinar yesterday, & there was a mention that in some states, it's illegal to carry a firearm while wearing a mask. One of the states mentioned was Washington State. I've never heard this before & am unable to find a specific citation to a law/rule saying that it's...
  11. mnrobitaille

Law Enforcement suspending non-criminal fingerprinting

I know of several law enforcement agencies here in Washington State are suspending non-criminal fingerprinting operations (CPL/CCL/CHL, Employment, etc.) due to COVID-19 concerns. I know there are some states/localities that mandate that in order to OC, one must have the CPL to do so. Anyone...
  12. mnrobitaille

Walmart requesting no one open carry in stores

Walmart is now asking that no one, except law enforcement, open carry while visiting. https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/walmart-to-stop-selling-handgun-ammunition-1/982160971
  13. mnrobitaille

The legality of non-government mandated gun-free zones

I am curious as to how businesses (Costco, Simon Malls, AMC Theaters, etc.) are allowed to declare themselves to be gun-free zones, as the right to keep & bear arms is also classified as civil right, correct? If that is the case, then shouldn't Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241 effectively negate...
  14. mnrobitaille

How should a person respond to a negative remark about OCing?

While visiting the Dollar Tree in Hermiston, OR, to pick up an aluminum baking pan, I had the following happen: While there we were browsing the food selections, Molly (my wife) found a nearly empty of bottle of Gatorade that just across the aisle, was a cold case full of. I told her to stay...
  15. mnrobitaille

Discounts offered to OCers

Last Wednesday, dad & I made a quick trip to Post Falls, ID to Alien Gear Holsters to do a shell swap for my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. After swapping the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield w/Crimson Trace Laser Guard shell out for the SCCY CPX-2 shell, dad was getting hungry & I made the...
  16. mnrobitaille

Alien Gear Holsters ShapeShift Modular Holster System

The new ShapeShift Modular Holster System by Alien Gear is a great holster system, in my view. I picked it up last week for my Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD .40 & so far have carried in 3 of the configurations offered in the starter kit.
  17. mnrobitaille

Companies in clear violation of Constitutionally-protected civil rights

As most everyone knows, Costco has, as part of their membership agreement, the following: I decided to use the Contact Us form on Costco.com & ask them why they are willing to violate a civil right, & below is the response I got: So apparently, they are justifying that they are a private...
  18. mnrobitaille

New Alien Gear ShapeShift Modular Holster

I received an e-mail earlier today about a new holster system from Alien Gear Holsters: the ShapeShift Modular Holster: http://aliengearholsters.com/?utm_source=agh-emailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=agh-email-ad Looks as if it's 4 holsters in 1
  19. mnrobitaille

Washington State senator 'encourages' other legislators to carry guns on campus

Found this nice little gem of a news article via the Q13 Fox Facebook posting: http://q13fox.com/2017/06/14/state-senator-will-encourage-other-legislators-carry-guns-on-campus-following-congressional-baseball-practice-shooting/ The senator, Phil Fortunato, stated that (paraphrasing) "we are...
  20. mnrobitaille

How would you respond to this person's threat?

How would you respond to this person's threat of taking your firearm? Several of the responses are that just that act of pepper spraying is a means to exert lethal force. Would lethal force be justified in that case?