• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. L

OC/CC at Public Event on BLM Controlled Land

Are "No Weapons" signs legal for a public event on BLM controlled land (Empire Ranch)? Can anyone reference a statute or precedence? What's the process for fighting this crap?
  2. L

Carry in San Padro Riparian National Conservation Area

This area is in Southern Arizona near Sierra Vista. On the BLM website it talks about hunting and target shooting restrictions. This sign (see attached) says "No Firearms (Except for Regulated Hunting in Designated Areas)". Is this just an outdated sign or are conservation areas off-limits to...
  3. L

Olympus $16 digital recorder

I saw this refurb Olympus 2 GB digital recorder on groupon today for $16 on sale until 10/1. It has decent reviews on Amazon. There are many threads on here about using a recorder for encounters while open carrying a handgun. This could be an opportunity for those of us on a limited budget...
  4. L

Nice Sticker!

imported post Saw that Skip Coryell was wearing the big orange "Guns Save Lives" sticker tonight on Chris Matthews' show. Skip did a great job of handling Chris' flavor of crazy. Chris was exceptionally rabid tonight. The sticker needs a bit heavier font. The bright orange overpowers the...
  5. L

OC in car without a permit

imported post This must have already been discussed but my searches in the VA Forum have been unable to locate the discussions. Without a concealed carry permit, is having a gun in an OWB holster, not covered with a clothing, considered concealed when driving a car or as passenger? Does...
  6. L

OC'ing with my son on his 18th birthday

imported post I guess you could call it a "right-of-passage" thing. I'm thinking of OC'ing with my son on his 18th birthday. We've been to the NRA range numerous times over the past couple of years and also took the Front Sight 4 day handgun course last Fall. He's safe andresponsible and...
  7. L

5th mall shooting this year

imported post CNN is saying that the Nebraska mall shooting is the 5th mall shooting this year.
  8. L

Safety off again

imported post I recently began OC'ing a Kimber 1911 in a serpa holster on my belt while riding a motorcycle. Today I found the safety had somehow clicked off. I'm thinking a combination of my leather jacket and a bump in the road took the safety off. Has anyone else had problems keeping the...