• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. U

Washington Post interviewing DC Gun Owners

Let's ask any friends we have in DC to participate in this series of interviews. Hopefully we know people who can add some constructive discussion to the otherwise-dubious reporting that is to be expected from the Washington Post. If they interview the right representatives from our side of...
  2. U

Bank's doors activated by positive metal detector reading

3 Questions: I wonder what the failure rate is on this device? I wonder what, besides a gun, would set off this alarm, locking you out of the bank? I wonder what would happen if someone concealing tried to get in. I bet they'd just waive you in...
  3. U

What constitutes "loaded" when a gun is in the trunk/locked case of my vehicle?

What constitutes "loaded" when a gun is in the trunk/locked case of my vehicle? Please Read First: If you want to argue about whether carrying a rifle in your vehicle is a good idea, please proceed directly to the General Discussion forum and start your own thread. I may even join you there...
  4. U

Deer in Fairfax County

imported post Yeah, I know, they're not likely to make things much easier on us, but we might as well try. Please fill out this survey :celebrate http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/survey/deermanagement.htm
  5. U

Brady Campaign wants you to write your Senators

imported post Here's what I would write if I were you:
  6. U

Evil Black Rifle Sales require TWO inspections?

imported post http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2:2 Apparently, purchase of the Evil Black Rifles require further inspection. Is this actually done? What does the VA State Police actually do w/ this? Maybe I'm misreading this and it's for ALL gun sales, but...
  7. U

Chinese to start hording Copper!

imported post http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/15/copper-prices-china-markets-commodities-metals.html Is China Hoarding Copper? Melinda Peer, 04.15.09, 05:30 PM EDT Copper prices are building on hopes that Chinese demand signals economic recovery -- don't buy it. Price for copper, that most...
  8. U

For those who think the NRA does NOTHING to help us...

imported post I too am unhappy with the NRA. From WITHIN, we can make it everything we want it to be! Dem leadership asks for vote to bring DC voting rights to floor AND kill the Amendment to strengthen gun rights in DC. Blue Dogs supposedly feel NRA pressure and vote No...
  9. U

NRA: Fight for that $$$

imported post So what we knew was coming, IS now coming: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=2 Boo hoo hoo. Rage. Anger. OK... Simple Idea: * We schedule a march at the NRA Headquarters. * We hold up checks (As big as you can handle) signed to them. I'll sign a...
  10. U

Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill

imported post I was at Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, VA Saturday afternoon. Some friends and I went in. I was the only one OC'ing. No signs were posted. We sat at the bar, they ordered beers, I ordered water. About 10 minutes later, we ordered our food. I went to the bathroom to wash my...
  11. U

Restaurants w/ ABC License you might not expect

imported post OK guys, let's keep it short and sweet so we don't get nabbed on a BS CC-where-not-allowed charge. List localities for a chain only when you think most of the other franchises DON'T Serve. -Chuck E. Cheese -Chipotle -Noodle Co.
  12. U

Loaded Shotgun/Rifle legal in your car?

imported post § 15.2-915.2. Regulation of transportation of a loaded rifle or shotgun. The governing body of any county or city may by ordinance make it unlawful for any person to transport, possess or carry a loaded shotgun or loaded rifle in any vehicle on any public street, road, or...
  13. U

Brady = Tax Deductible? Why not NRA, etc?

imported post Here is one of their email alerts: Key Phrase at bottom: "But first, please make a generous tax-deductible contribution to the Brady Center: http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/R? " ----- Forwarded message from Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence <advocacy@stopthenra.com> -----...
  14. U

Ban Stopping at overpasses!

imported post DALLAS (AP) — A woman threw her two young children from a freeway overpass during Wednesday's morning rush before leaping off herself, police said, and somehow all three survived the 22-foot fall into traffic. The 28-year-old mother and her sons, ages 8 and 6, were taken to...
  15. U

Ferrum College OC Histeria???

imported post Was this guy just OC'ing w/ the gun in a holster? The MSM will never tell us :( Is it legal? No referrence from them:cuss: Haven't found one source to tell me any of this. Not to mention, we have no idea what was really said to the janitor...
  16. U

Fairfax/Burke OC Brunch after the Holidays (Sun. Jan. 6)

imported post Spartans Family Restaurant 9542 Burke Rd Burke, VA 22015 703-503-5800 Anyone up for brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant? They serve great Greek and Italian food there. How about Sunday Jan. 6? Say 11:30am.
  17. U

Burke Wal-Mart OC A-OK So Far....

imported post I'm new to this forum and I recently moved to Burke near the Wal-Mart. I avoided OC'ing there because I didn't have the time to deal w/ their crap if they started any. I've been lurking on this forum and I'd seen a lot of Wal-Mart problems. They also really ticked me off by...