• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Bizarre Walmart "policy" - heard of this?

imported post Surely this is just some stupid local policy and not the corporate line... I was in Walmart last week with the GF, and while she was clothes browsing I decided to check and see if they had any ammo I could use. Got to sporting goods and saw some .223 behind the counter but no...
  2. C

Stopped by bank security...

imported post Just went up to the First Tennessee branch on Cleaveland and Union (pretty rough area for those not from Memphis) to get a check cashed. I walked past the security guard standing at the entrance. I waited in line, got my check cashed and was walking out when I hear a "sir, excuse...
  3. C

HCP traffic stop question

imported post If stopped for a traffic violation (or any other reason that is a non-felony), assuming the cop runs my license and it comes back that I have a carry permit, if the officer asks me if I am armed or have weapons in the vehicle can I cite the 2nd and 4th Amendments i.e. I reply "I...
  4. C

Question re: carrying where alcohol is served

imported post I know the law says no carry in restaurants/clubs that serve alcohol, but I am curious as to carrying in an area like Beale Street in Memphis. Yeah, its nothing but bars, but if I was not imbibing would it be legal to carry on Beale Street? The reason I ask is that alcohol is...
  5. C

Tennessee carry law question

imported post Okay, I know I need a permit to carry in Tn, but I have a question posed by a friend. If he is going to the range to shoot, on his motorcycle (no saddlebags), exactly how would he be able to comply with the law if he did not have a carry permit? He couldn't OC, he couldn't CC, and...
  6. C

Strange OC question just for the sake of knowing...

imported post Would it be legal to OC in TN with a handgun fitted with a suppressor as long as you have the carry permit and the NFA paperwork? I OC my Walther P22 on occasion and just purchased a YHM Mite suppressor for it. I don't really think I would ever do it since 1) I would be...