• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Sometimes, just sometimes I can see why the antis are so scared.

I was at the Fry's on Thornydale and Ina the other day when this bag boy comes up to me in the parking lot. bag boy: "What do you carry?" Me: "It's a CZ P-01" bag boy: "Do you like it?" Me: "Very much" bag boy: "I need to get me a gun." Me: "Yup. I think everyone should..." bag boy...
  2. D

Spoke with a Convicted Fellon Saturday about OC

I ran into a kid at the carwash this past Saturday, I remember him and his brother from church when they were ankle-biters. Sadly both this guy and his brother ended up doing time in the state pokey (His brother is actually back in) while he has turned his life around. He recognized me and came...
  3. D

Crime Victims Protection Act- more AZCDL love!

The Latest AZCDL Alert
  4. D

More goodies from AZCDL!

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/sb1201p.htm From what I can see, this does the following: 1) Redefines carry in a public establishment or public event putting a large list of requirements on the establishment or event before they can prohibit you from...
  5. D

A Bad OC encounter today...

I stopped by sportsman's warehouse in Tucson because I had some time to kill. I and my four-year-old son did our business and as I was strapping him into his car seat, a scraggly-looking long-haired skinny weenie-looking guy opens his card door and shouts out, "you look stupid with that gun on...
  6. D

And so the sausage making begins! Latest AZCDL update.

The AzCDL-List <azcdl-list@mailman.modwest.com> to azcdl-list@firearmscoalition.org 2:06pm Representative Harper has “pre-filed” a Campus Carry bill, HB 2014: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/hb2014p.pdf. HB 2014 prohibits colleges and universities from enacting or enforcing any...
  7. D

Anti Signs Back..

Chipotle has posted no firearms again (Well at least the one by Foothills mall in Tucson does). OH well, loved the cilantro lime rice. Maybe I can figure out how to make it.
  8. D

Serpa Fail!

imported post I know that the Serpa is a favorite of people on this site, I own one myself, but this video is pretty telling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_VA_Z7RsA :what:
  9. D

Going for a visit, what must I know?

imported post I'll be in San Diego for the long weekend, will be camping out at Camp Pendleton so I will be leaving my gun at home :(. I do however carry a couple of knives a regular folder (a Benchmade with a 4 1.2 inch blade) and a K-Bar (kept in the car mostly). The question is, what do...
  10. D

Defensive Display and Restaurant Carry Bills Moving.

imported post This just in from AZCDL: This morning (6/25/09) the House Judiciary Committee passed both SB 1113 (Restaurant Carry) and SB 1243 (Defensive Display) out of committee. SB 1113, the Restaurant Carry bill, passed by a vote of 6 to 2. It was amended in committee. The following...
  11. D

For the second time, I'm OC has deterred a robbery.

imported post I debated whether to put this under true tales of self defense or why open carry. I chose this section because there was no self defense involved, rather an bit of anecdotal evidence that bolsters the argument we have been making that OC prevents crime. I pulled in to a gas...
  12. D

Federal cracking down on sales of HST?

imported post I've been hearing troublingrumors that Federal is cracking down on its distributors and dealers regarding their LE only restriction on their HST pistol ammo, is this true? Has anyone on hear heard definitively if this is the case or not? Say it ain't so, I do not yet have my 1K...
  13. D

Today is a good day to be armed in Tucson.

imported post http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/284706
  14. D

WAAHHHH MY CARRY PIECE BROKE!

imported post Trigger return spring on my CZ P-01 broke. :( Damnit, CZ parts are not easy to come by. Hopefully my gunsmith has one that he can use- otherwise I may have to buy another sidearm while this is down. Wife needs to replace her stolen Bersa so who knows. :dude::P
  15. D

Apparent robber shot dead at store

imported post Originally posted in the Arizona section. Anyone who is not carrying- open or otherwise on South Sixth Avenue is a fool IMO. http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/crime/277607 Apparent robber shot dead at store By Alex Dalenberg ARIZONA DAILY STAR Tucson, Arizona | Published...
  16. D

Today I love Obama!

imported post OK. Not really. But he did invite the nappy one to join his den of thieves. Adios Gov. Nappy need some help packing your bags? Let's extend a warm welcome to Governor Brewer and hope for the 2009 legislative session. now THAT'S change I can believe in!
  17. D

A loophole to School carry?

imported post So we know ARS prohibit carry on school grounds right? Here's the exact verbiage. from ARS 13-31202(A)(12) A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly: 12. Possessing a deadly weapon on school grounds; Pretty straight forward right? But look at the exceptions...
  18. D

Question for LEOS both current and retired

imported post I've recently applied to become an Arizona Ranger. For those who are not familiar with the group, they are an unpaid state police force in Arizona whose primary function is more PR and keeping the traditions of the original Arizona Rangers alive than it is law enforcement. They...
  19. D

Holster Review

imported post I just picked up the Safariland 6288 SLS Concealment Paddle Holster and figured I'd post my first impressions, more later as I get some time with it. I've had some problems finding good holsters that fit my CZ P-01 well. Seems not too many of the major holster makers are...