• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. okiephlyer

Best Fireworks display in Philadelphia.

Need a little advice from my Mississippi friends. I have a trip and will be overnight in Philadelphia on the 4th. Where is the best fireworks display and where is the best place to park to see the show?
  2. okiephlyer

Okoca

With the change of leadership, will the web site get updated and be a little more current. Could we get a running update on what the other 2A organizations are doing? The lunch in BA was good. Keep it up.
  3. okiephlyer

Firearms for Christmas

Who got or gave firearms for Christmas. I'll start. My FIL bought a new (at the time, 1936) Stevens model 66-B. When he passed away, it went to my son who was the only heir. He sold it to my older brother several years ago. When I found out about it, I bought it back, with the intention of...
  4. okiephlyer

Help with old news story

Last May of 2012, there was a news story about a man in Madison that was OC'ing and was attacked and his gun taken away. I have tried to search for it, but I am not very IT literate. Does anyone remember the story and can fill in the details for me, please? These are 2 links from another...
  5. okiephlyer

What to do in Ogden

My job will take me to Ogden for a few days later this week. I am looking for suggestions for what to do. Normally we check out gun shops and outdoor stores, but are there other outdoorsy things that anyone on here would recommend? Arriving Wednesday early afternoon and leaving again on...
  6. okiephlyer

okshooters.com

As most of us know, the group at okshooters.com is very anti-open carry. I try to stay somewhat active over there to keep our side of the story in front of other gun owners in the state. There are a few from here that do the same thing. Why not get every one here to sign up at okshooters.com...
  7. okiephlyer

Complacent?

Oklahoma has had open carry for 6 months now. Is this when complacency sets in? Is it just me, or have the number of posts and the number of views dropped in the past few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I love that open carry has been, for the most part, a non-event, as it should be. Have we let...
  8. okiephlyer

Why????

.. is there an ad for Kathy Taylor on this forum? As anti gun as she is, how did this happen? It was one of those little ads at the bottom of the page, but still???
  9. okiephlyer

Quick Access Gun Safe

I have used a GunVault model that has the tactile keypad for quick entry. Unfortunately, the cable that pulls the latch to open the vault broke. 2 friends had the same issue. The backup key still works, but I no longer have the easy access. So far, all the small safes/vaults that I have looked...
  10. okiephlyer

I heard it through the grapevine....

That OKOCA is having another OC lunch and get together in Broken Arrow this month. I don't facebook, so someone needs to start a thread with details and make it a sticky. Please.
  11. okiephlyer

Rabid anti-oc'ers

Has anyone else noticed that the most rabid anti-oc'ers are the CC'ers that try to claim moral and tactical superiority for CC? I only frequent a very few gun forums, but from what I am seeing, it is the CC crowd that is now putting forth more anti-OC that any one else. There was a thread...
  12. okiephlyer

Walmart suspends ammo sales

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/walmart-suspends-ammo-orders-pending-gun-control-decision Looks like Walmart caved to the PC police.
  13. okiephlyer

Need a recommendation for a carry class in Claremore

My father-in-law now wants to take the carry class and get his license. I have talked to him many times about why I carry and he seems to be ready for the class. I doubt he will carry, except in his car, but still, another gun in the right hands is a good thing. He won't leave the Claremore...
  14. okiephlyer

Who is going to Walmart..

or anywhere else, at 1201 am on Thursday morning. Would be interesting to see how many start OC'ing the minute it becomes legal in the state. I'm not talking about in your car or some other place that is not in the public eye, but out where it is visible to the public, whether they may notice...
  15. okiephlyer

Could we get a list started?

November 1 is rushing up at us. Looking at the reality of the situation, knowing that there will be unlawful stops of people open carrying, is there any way to get a list of pro-2A, pro-OC lawyers compiled to have as a ready reference for when it happens. I have no idea of how to find the...
  16. okiephlyer

Time to update the home page?

Oklahoma is getting open carry as of Nov. 1, and Brad Henry has been out of office for over a year, and I am as slow as many others about getting around to things, but is it time for someone to update the OCDO home page and remove the Oklahoma petition?
  17. okiephlyer

OC Dinner with out of staters - Manassas 6/22/11

Me and a few friends will be in Manassas for a few days, the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of June and would like to get together for an OC dinner somewhere near the area. Who would be up for it and where would be a good place to meet-n-greet? --Moderator Note-- Need consensus on location.
  18. okiephlyer

OC meet up with some out of state-ers.

Myself and 2 co workers will be in the Scottsdale area on the 19th of Feb. We have used this forum for meet-n-greets with fellow OC'ers from Virginia and Washington. Is there someone in the area that could/would want to set up something? Our arrival would allow a meeting anytime from early...
  19. okiephlyer

Tulsa World Full of it today

Several aticles in the Tulsa World today about the Tuscon shooting, open carry, etc. The following letter sent to the editor, let's see if they will print it. The front page article by Randy Krehbiel in the Sunday paper on open carry has several errors. He quotes Bill Shapard as saying that...
  20. okiephlyer

Place to shoot near Borger?

Short notice and all, but is there pistol range near Borger that is open to the public. I will be in town all day tomorrow, monday, and need something to do.