• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Lobby Day 2020: The Don "Peter Nap" Litton Memorial Latrine

3 fine fellows who I'm honored to have had the privilege of knowing. It was very moving to see their names honored at an event that they paved the way for. (y)
  2. B

Another OC'er has been lost

Just wanted to let everyone know, my father, Jerry McNeill - aka celticredneck, passed this weekend. He had been unable to attend many events over the last couple of years due to health issues, he battled stage 4 breast cancer for the last 6 years. In that time, he attended lobby days, open...
  3. B

Not OC, but funny.

Greentop made a typo in their email ad. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. B

Norfolk CA arrested

Just saw a post on the VCDL Facebook page about the Norfolk CA being arrested for DUI and possession of a concealed weapon while intoxicated. I thought CA's were exempted from that along with LEO's? Edit: Finally found one of the threads confirming from back when the law was passed...
  5. B

Reasons for Constitutional Carry - Clerks

Ok, let's compile a list of clerks that are not following the laws so that we can take the GA to task this year for Constitutional carry and take it out of these clowns hands altogether. Amelia - Requiring SASE, Copy of current permit, extra paperwork to be filed with Sheriff Portsmouth - An...
  6. B

Employment question for the legal eagles

So my wife gave birth to our daughter a month ago today. At three months pregnant, her doctor put her under work restriction, no lifting over 25 lbs. When she turned the doctors note in to her employer, they immediately told her to fill out fmla paperwork, and short term disability paperwork...
  7. B

Repository of Defensive gun uses

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought it might be useful to those looking for examples of guns saving lives. http://www.reddit.com/r/dgu
  8. B

Holy #$%^ some people are just beyond help

I just had the most insane conversation ever with a co-worker. We were talking about dogs, which turned to pitbulls (my 10 pound terrier mix darted out the door and attacked my neighbors pit bull, who was on a leash, totally my fault. My dog ended up with a couple of staples as a result of a...
  9. B

Petersburg Clerks office at it again.

Like many of you, I OC most of the time, but keep a CHL for those times when OC is not possible or not prudent. Some of you may remember the hassle I went through with the Petersburg Clerk's office 5 years ago. It appears that nothing has changed. As my permit is coming up for renewal, I...
  10. B

Amother instant check issue/question

So I let a friend borrow one of my 1911's (RIA compact tactical) and a holster to OC last weekend and now he's hooked. He went out to Bob Moate's Wednesday afternoon after finding out they were the only one's local who had the same RIA that I have. Filled out his paperwork and was delayed. He...
  11. B

Pet Safari in Colonial Heights is anti-gun

imported post I stopped by saturday to get a couple of feeder rats for my ball python and noticed a sign on the door that read, "No firearms allowed inside the store". So I got back into the car and drove to Exotic Pets on rt. 10 where I was welcomed, noone said a word about my weapon, they DID...
  12. B

petersburg CHP process

imported post I know this forum is about open carry, but I also know that many of you have CHP's as well and though that my story may interest you. I filled out and turned in my application on 6/5/08, I was told that I'd have to take my application to the Petersburg police headquarters and be...
  13. B

S&W sigma laser options

imported post Has anyone tried putting a glock (or other) crimson trace on their sigma? I've also heard rumor that one of the glock lasermax lasers will fit the sigma, but I've not been able to find any specifics. Any other suggestions? I have a Sigma 40ve BTW, been a great gun, just seems to...