• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Statesman

Kentucky list of OC friendly or unfriendly businesses

Disclaimer: To be used for informational purposes only. Any links in this post are NOT endorsed by OpenCarry.org, or its owners or administrators. OCDO, its owners, users, or administrators do not endorse, control, or take responsibility for the use or accuracy of this information, or associated...
  2. Statesman

Waffle House NO GUN policy

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101414-Waffle-House-Nationwide-No-Carry-Policy-Now-In-Effect Don't patronize Waffle House. They have a nationwide ban on firearms in their restaurant.
  3. Statesman

Lexington Open Carry Meet & Greet

I'm not sure if anyone has organized a Lexington Open Carry Meet and Greet, but I think it's about time for one. I've set a tentative date of April 14th at 12PM. I'm open to places to go, but the Golden Corral is fine with me. Give a shout out if you're up for it for those in the...
  4. Statesman

Handling police encounters in KY

I just wanted to refresh my memory on how best to deal with a police encounter in Kentucky. I haven't had one yet. Here's what I know so far. If approached by LEO, ask "Am I being detained, or am I free to go." over and over again until the question is answered. If they refuse to answer and...
  5. Statesman

Please join the "America Hates the Brady Campaign" Facebook group.

If you hate the Brady Campaign, and their misguided gun control efforts, then please join this group. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7328360801
  6. Statesman

A reminder for the Brady Campaign "tools" of American genocide that read this forum

A reminder for the Brady Campaign "tools" of American genocide that read this forum Just a friendly reminder for the Brady Campaign. All of your members are tools for genocidal U.N. globalists who want the planet depopulated by billions of people. The following chart is the end result of your...
  7. Statesman

Paul Helmke thinks police are "not normal human beings" ?

Paul Helmke thinks police are "not normal human beings" ? Quote: "I think anyone who's carrying a Colt 45 on their hip constantly in public is not a normal human being." Notice the use of the word "anyone". I'm sure he does not differentiate between Colt .45 and standard issue Glock .45s...
  8. Statesman

A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

imported post Since the Brady Campaign for Global Genocide has stepped up their campaign against gun carry (self defense), I feel the need to share the following article for all the newcomers to the forum, to dispel the irrational hoplophobia against firearms and other weapons. source...
  9. Statesman

Starbucks

imported post The Brady "Campaign to Promote American Genocide via Gun Control" is attacking Starbucks. Perhaps Starbucks located in Kentucky would appreciate an increased patronage by open carrying gun owners in this fragile economy? Please support Starbucks with your hard earned dollars if...
  10. Statesman

Lexington Delivery Man Shoots Would Be Robber

imported post http://www.lex18.com/news/delivery-man-shoots-would-be-robber/ I'm waiting for the howls from the antis, indicating the punks just wanted to eat the pizza. +1 for the delivery man It's interesting Lex 18 didn't report what type of delivery service this was. With the rash of...
  11. Statesman

Open Carry protests

imported post I don't know if this particular idea has been thrown around or not, but I originally replied to the idea of protesting with "emtpy" holsters over in the New Jersey forum. Instead of protesting by walking around with emtpy holsters, why not put blue safety guns in holsters, and...
  12. Statesman

The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act is here!

imported post UPDATE 1/21/2010: The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act (KFFA), is a bill about nullifying a federal law that a state legislature declares as being unconstitutional. This is a controversial subject, and many people disagree about its effectiveness. Fear not, nullification is already...
  13. Statesman

Kentucky list of OC friendly or unfriendly businesses

imported post Disclaimer: To be used for informational purposes only. Any links in this post are NOT endorsed by OpenCarry.org, or its owners or administrators. OCDO, its owners, users, or administrators do not endorse, control, or take responsibility for the use or accuracy of this...
  14. Statesman

Whole Foods Anti-Gun ?

imported post Someone from Arizona reports "Valley" Whole Foods is now anti-self defense while in their store. NFA sign exists there. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/34408.html
  15. Statesman

The best weapon against gun control

imported post After watching this video, I believe I have found the single greatest weapon against gun control in the U.S. One of the major corporate producers for this video, "Innocents Betrayed" is Dr. Ignatius Piazza Please make sure everyone you know watches this video, and forwards it on...
  16. Statesman

False charges against OCer

imported post If someone wants to file false charges against someone who is openly carrying, claiming you drew and pointed a weapon at them, what would happen? This is the only legitimate argument against open carry that I have come across. I know someone that had false assault with a deadly...
  17. Statesman

Guns in Parks: The Hoplophobes’ Travel Guide to the United States

imported post Ok, this is a bit dated, but for all our fine gun hating visitors, such as members from the Brady Campaign to Promote State Sanctioned Global Genocide, this article describes the safest routes to travel to avoid peasants carrying guns, and crime that comes with such legal...
  18. Statesman

Preserve Open Carry through State Sovereignty

imported post Act now to preserve the right for your state to legislate Open Carry. Forward the pledge below to your state representative(s), and respectfully demand that they print, sign, and mail in their pledge. Otherwise, their position in your state legislature will eventually be...
  19. Statesman

Non-state specific OCDO brochure

imported post Top notch information and quality. Ready for printing and MASS distribution in KY? http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/30635.html http://www.opencarryradio.com/ Open Carry Educational Brochure CA Dual RevA1.pdf Open Carry Educational Brochure National Dual RevA.pdf
  20. Statesman

8/29 Jacobson Park OC Picnic - CANCELLED

imported post Just got an email from Liberty. The OC picnic is canceled for tomorrow due to LFUCG's requirement of insurance. I'm sure Liberty will update here shortly, but this is just a heads up.