• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. O

State v. Maciolek, construing RCW 9.41.270

In Maciolek, several people were convicted under RCW 9.41.270, and they challenged the statute as being unconstitutionally vague. The Washington Supreme Court held that the statute was not vague, because "Clearly, the average person would know what conduct is proscribed by the two enactments...
  2. O

Bellingham, WA police pay $1,500 to open carrier

Many of you are aware of sudden valley gunner's illegal seizure, at gunpoint, by the Bellingham Police Department. Today I am pleased to announce that he settled his claim against the city. The city has paid $1500, and will be issuing an appropriate open carry training bulletin to its police...
  3. O

Any new laws in the past year?

I am preparing for my annual trip to PA for the opening of rifle buck season. Last year, I could carry openly just about anywhere outside a vehicle, and I could carry, openly or concealed, in a vehicle with my own state CPL. Were there any changes to the law over the past year that merit my...
  4. O

A chance to throw out the State v. Casad prosecutor

Ladies and Gentlemen, Most of you are probably aware of the unpublished Court of Appeals decision in State v. Casad, wherein the State, as represented by Clallam County Prosecuting Attorney Deb Kelly, attempted to create case law that would have authorized seizures/detentions of open carriers...
  5. O

Dog shot in Monroe park during dog fight

imported post Police told The Daily Herald of Everett the owner of a golden retriever was trying to protect it Tuesday from being attacked by two bulldogs. The 44-year-old Sultan man, who has a concealed weapons permit, was hitting one of the bulldogs with the gun when it fired. Police say the...
  6. O

National Park Victory Celebration, Part 2

imported post The location has been changed,and finalized. We are meeting at the Heart of the Hills Campground, which is inside the park boundary on the road to Hurricane Ridge, a few miles south of the visitor center. I apologize for the confusion and last minute changes, but the road to...
  7. O

National Park Victory Celebration

imported post To celebrate a major civil rights/2nd amendment victory, I propose we gather on 02/27/2010 at noon at the Olympic National Park welcome center in Port Angeles for a picnic, etc. Check last post for any updates.
  8. O

The tone of conversations on this forum

imported post I know I'm not the only one who has noticed it. Could we all please try to show a little more respect to our colleagues on this board? If you really feel the need to make snide, nasty, sexual, or otherwise inappropriate comments that have little if anything to do with the...
  9. O

For anyone afraid to OC due to financial reasons

imported post This thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=27539&forum_id=55&highlight=afraid made me realize that there are probably many people who do not OC because they fear being charged criminally, and not having the financial resources to fight the prosecution in court...
  10. O

Gun Friendly Lawyer

imported post My name is J. Andrew "Drew" Lauer, and I have recently started my own law office in Port Angeles, where I moved to a few months ago due to my wife's job. Prior to that, I was a Senior Trial Deputy District Attorney in Grand Junction, Colorado, prosecuting upper-level felonies like...
  11. O

NRA and SAF file suit against Alien Firearms License law

imported post http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=11779 http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=281 It's about time.