• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Carry question

I live in Washington and I am planning on visiting Oregon in August to view the eclipse. How can I legally carry a gun with me? I expect to drive there in my pickup and at some point get out of my pu to view the eclipse. Since I don't have an Oregon carry permit I don't know how or if I can ever...
  2. J

Question about olympic medical center

This thread ' ? about PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center got me to thinking about OMC. According to their web site http://www.olympicmedical.org/default.aspx?ID=1 The last paragraph reads "Olympic Medical Center's status as a rural public hospital...
  3. J

Knife vs gun

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/07/knife-wielding-home-intruder-meets-gun-wielding-homeowner-it-didnt-end-well-for-one-of-them/
  4. J

Deleted thread question

Why after a thread is deleted is there still a (for lack of the proper word) place holder there? I would think that there should be nothing left to indicate it was ever there.
  5. J

Man keeps intruder at bay with shotgun until police arrive

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20130123/news/301239999/man-keeps-intruder-at-bay-with-shotgun-until-police-arrive PORT ANGELES — A Port Angeles man police said tried to break into the same house at least twice in two days was in the Clallam County jail Tuesday after one of the...
  6. J

Magazine holder question

I have become dissatisfied with my current mag holder. It is an Uncle Mikes double with velcro fasteners that no longer stay closed. I am thinking I would like a leather double pouch with snap fasteners. It would have to fit double stack 40 caliber mags. Who makes some that are of good quality...
  7. J

Fine print on sign question

Twice now I have run across this sign. The words "except as otherwise permitted by law" across the bottom, to me at least, means that I can still carry either as OC or CC. Am I right or wrong?
  8. J

CZ82 holster question

I tried using the search feature but that security feature keeps blocking me. I can't read blurry crooked letters. I thought I read in the last few months about some holsters to fit the CZ82 but I couldn't find anything. What I am looking for is a couple of good left handed holsters for OC and...
  9. J

Obama Pushing Shooters Off Public Lands

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands Gun owners who have historically been able to use public lands for target practice would be barred from potentially millions of acres under new rules drafted by the Interior Department...
  10. J

Thinking about going to Rio Rancho

What are the laws in NM regarding OC and CC? I have a Wa CPL.
  11. J

Bremerton gun show

Did anyone go there today? I was there from 1 to 4 pm. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. However I did see a few things I would have liked. Henry Repeating Arms has come out with a Mares Leg in 22lr that looked interesting. Chiappas 1911-22 pistols will not accept an ambi safety...
  12. J

Why we shoot deer in the wild (long but funny story) . . .

Why we shoot deer in the wild (A letter from someone who wants to remain anonymous, who farms, writes well and actually tried this) I had this idea that I could rope a deer, put it in a stall, feed it up on corn for a couple of weeks, then kill it and eat it...
  13. J

I had an interesting talk with the local PD

I stopped by a garage sale to visit with a friend today. There was a Sequim pd officer there. I've seen him there before and in the past he has commented on my open carrying. Today the first words out of his mouth was "I was just thinking about you". As the conversation went on it seems there...
  14. J

An Illegal Alien's Guide to the Top Five Best Places to Live In America

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/29/illegal-aliens-guide-to-top-five-best-places-to-live-in-america/
  15. J

I'm glad I don't live in Indiana

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes...
  16. J

Pepper spray

imported post I have been thinking about getting and carrying some pepper spray. In as much as I know virtually nothing about it I am hoping that I can get a recommendation as to which is the most powerful one I can carry. Do I want one that is a stream or spray? Does it work equally on...
  17. J

CPL renewal

imported post It took just 5 days here in Clallam County. Much faster than I expected.
  18. J

For those who know

imported post Is this sign correctly worded? I am just curious.
  19. J

When is the next get together

imported post west of the Puget Sound? I wanted to got to the one in sea-tac but 250 miles round trip plus the toll is too much for me in Dollars and travel time.
  20. J

Clallum county park sign.

imported post See line #3.