• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

How much is a Chinese SKS Paratrooper rifle with 420 rounds of ammo & 4 hi-cap magazines worth?

imported post It has the folding stock, bayonet, 4 USA steel 30 round magazines, and 420 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 7.62x39 ammo. Factoring in the high cost of ammunition, as well as the 4 high capacity magazines, how much money is this total package worth?
  2. B

OC in a shoulder holster?

imported post Has anyone ever seen this or done this? I never have. Are there any good reasons why I, or anyone else, should or should not OC in a horizontal shoulder holster? Just wondering what you guys think about it. Thanks.
  3. B

Just bought a brand new handgun, and I'm ready to sell it.

imported post I just bought a brand new Smith & Wesson 642 Airweight Revolver (.38 Special Hammerless) one week ago, and I'm ready to sell it. Yesterday was the first time I had shot it, I put 30 rounds through it. I hate to sound like a "wuss", or whatever, but this just has too much kick for...
  4. B

REALISTICALLY, what's the next handgun that you will purchase?

imported post just wondering.. :)
  5. B

So let me get this straight - I can't legally protect myself when I drive up to visit New Jersey?

imported post I have a North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Permit, and of course Open Carry is legal in NC without any sort of permit. But if I drive to NJ this summer to visit a friend, I can't carry a pistol on me, whether open or concealed??? Would I basically have to keep it in the...
  6. B

Concealed/Open Carry at an amusement park?

imported post Georgia is a reciprocal state for NC CCH permit holders. But what is the policy at Six Flags and other amusement parks?
  7. B

merry christmas :]

imported post (that goes to everyone..) Yes, even YOU Dre.
  8. B

Glock 19 or Springfield XD-9?

imported post :)
  9. B

Is there a restriction on how many handguns I can carry in NC?

imported post is it legal for me to carry two on me? how about SIX? i've had my concealed carry permit for a while and never thought to ask this..
  10. B

Dixie Gun & Knife Show in Raleigh?

imported post They have a show in about a month, I was wondering if anyone has ever been or knows anything about this? Specifically, I'd be going to see if I could find a super steal on a 1911. Is it worth my time?
  11. B

Springfield 1911 or Beretta 92?

imported post I'm planning my next purchase. I've been madly in love with the 1911 since the first time I shot one as a kid. The 92 is also one of my favorites, the ammo is cheaper, and I'd be able to carry twice as much ammo in the mag. Hrmmm, which would YOU pick between these two and why?:)
  12. B

less inexpensive shooting around with an AR-15 or an AK-47?

imported post which ammo is cheaper, .223 or 7.62? how much do YOU usually spend on yours?
  13. B

have you ever been approached by a police officer while you were open carrying?

imported post if your answer is "yes", where were you and what was the "basic jist" of how the conversation went? (such as, what was the first thing he asked you, how did you respond, etc.) thanks.
  14. B

Open Carry in restaurants that sell alcohol?

imported post I have my NC concealed carry permit, and certainly I understand that it is illegal to carry concealed where alcohol is bought and consumed. But, can I legally Open Carry in these restaurants?