• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

The Ruger LCR

So in a couple or three weeks I may be pulling the trigger on an LCR in .38 special +P. I'm not a big fan of the plastic fantastic guns, I prefer my Commander. However, I recently aquired an LCP and a Kel Tec Sub 2000. Both have proven to be pretty darn good. The subby is just plain fun. I...
  2. T

Any Beretta Tomcat owners?

imported post I'm looking for some input from those that have owned/carried and shot one. I'm in the market for a pocket gun. I was leaning towards the Ruger LCP, but the Tomcat looks like it might be a little better craftet for longtermdurability. Ammo availability is also an issue. I have...
  3. T

Clinging bitterly to my guns and religion

imported post This was just for fun. -Gruu
  4. T

Just had to share

imported post So I took this new girl out for a date on Saturday. Later on we were back at her place and were talking and she asks me if I like guns. So I was like, "Well, maybe, yeah.." :? Then she said, "Oh, well, I have one under my bed." I was like :shock:then :celebrate. So, needless to...
  5. T

Looking for a fixed blade for EDC back up

imported post Hello, I'm looking into geting a new fixed blade for EDC. I know some people like folders, but for defense, I prefer a fixed blade. They just are quicker to be put into action at least for me, and yes, I have had to draw one. I have a Gerber folder that I carry for when I need a...
  6. T

Hornady Critical Defense .45 ACP

imported post The only information I can find is on the manufacturer's site. Needless to say, I'm sure it might be a tad bit biased. I was wondering if anyone had any experience or could link some information. I trust it in my Sig Pro 9mm. However, I prefer my Colt Commander in .45. Currently I...
  7. T

Interesting read

imported post http://www.catb.org/~esr/guns/gun-ethics.html -Gruu
  8. T

Ruger LCP

imported post Hey guys. Well, it's about that time again. My dad talked me into selling him my Taurus 85 ultra-lite so I'm gonna have a little dough in the next month or so. About 2 months from now a buddy and I are going to be getting our CHL class out of the way. I have a Colt Commander that...
  9. T

Annoyed slightly

imported post So I was at Academy this afternoon before I went to work. I just went in to pick up a small zip case for my Sig Pro and stopped to drool over a Colt sitting behind some glass. While I was looking I heard, "How easy is it to remove the clip?" I don't know why, but when I hear...
  10. T

Anyone near the Waco Area?

imported post Hey, I was wondering if there was anyone on this forum near the Waco area that would be interested in meeting at a range to put some holes in paper with. -Gruu
  11. T

Wilson Combat

imported post Hello, I was looking over the Wilson Combat site to browse some magazine for my new Colt Commander. I was looking at the holsters there for CC and liked what I saw. Before I shell out the money, I wanted to see if anyone here uses/used, loved/hated them. It will be for CC for a...
  12. T

Tactical Terrier

imported post Afterreading some of the other stories of close calls I figured I would share some of mine. This happened a couple of months ago. I'm renting a house here in Waco, TX. I used to have a roommate until he up and bailed on me. Man, I could tell you some crazy stuff about both him...
  13. T

Wife found me naked with a Glock

imported post Well, unfortunatly, this wasn't the first time that I had drawn a gun when in fear of my life. Thankfully though, I didn't have to pull the trigger this time. This episode in my life happened in 2001. I was living in some decent apartments in Roanoke, TX. If anyone has ever been...
  14. T

I have an itch for a new 1911

imported post Hey, I have a little extra money and a hard on for a 1911. I am in Waco, TX and there's a gun store with a new, bluedColt Combat Commander for $759. There's another down the road that has a Springfield GI for $550. I'm kind of leaning for the Colt. The input of you vets is...
  15. T

Looking for a 1911 in Waco, TX

imported post Well, maybe my first born might be worth it... Anyway, I might have around $500 or so extra coming in and I can't think of anything better to sink my money into than a new gun. A full sized 1911 to be exact. I was trying to find a used one that's been broken in and all. I thought...
  16. T

Found some ammo today in Waco, TX

imported post I was picking up a six pack and some snacks when I spotted something behind the sporting goods section that I haven't seen in months. There were 2 boxes of Blazer sitting on the shelf. Needless to say it didn't sit long after that. I asked the dude when he got it in and he said...
  17. T

CC .45

imported post Hello, in the next couple of weeks I'm going to be signing up for a CC class. I have a couple of handguns currently, a Sig Pro 2022 9.mm and a Taurus .38 snub ultra-lite. I'm not a very big guy. I'm like 5'8" and a buck 60 with piano player hands so the Sig isn't going to be easy...
  18. T

Chip set IDs

imported post I didn't see any posts about this subject so I figured I would throw this up. This is something that could potentially affect those pro 2A down the road. LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER Radio chip coming soon to your driver's license? Homeland Security seeks next-generation REAL ID...
  19. T

Sig Pro

imported post I copied my post from the Sig Forum. I figured since I signed the petition for open carry in Texas and have been to this site daily for almost two weeks that I would share. :) W00t! Well, I actually got it about a year and a half and just shot it for the first time last weekend...