• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Springfield XD holster

Does anyone know where I can find a level III Serpa for a Springfield XD? I've seen them in demo videos, but have been unable to locate them for sale anywhere. Did they maybe discontinue them due to lack of popularity? Thanks for taking the time to help me out if you can.
  2. S

Compromise or Surrender?

I just wanted to conduct an unofficial poll. Would you rather have waited to have constitutional OC rather than the current law which presents some obvious Fourth and Fifth Amendment violations? Would you rather sacrifice your Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights in order to OC sooner rather...
  3. S

OC Informational Gathering in OKC

Join us this Saturday at Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler - 6629 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73132. If you have a Facebook account, please indicate if you will be in attendance. Tell your friends and other OC supporters you know. We need to secure more memberships so that our work with OACP, OSA...
  4. S

OC Oppurtunity prior to 1 November

This gathering will be held on private property and the property owner encourages OC. This will be a chance for anyone who wishes to OC to come on out and get a chance to do so before 1 Nov. There will be a presentation by OKOCA Director and NRA Certified Firearms Instructor Franklin Smith which...
  5. S

Oklahoma Association of Chiefs of Police and OKOCA

One of our Directors (hrdware) has been speaking with leaders of OACP and it looks as if they will be including OKOCA's Mission Statement along with one of our informational brochures in the handouts given to attendees of their meeting at the end of July. OACP representatives have also stated...
  6. S

Oklahoma Sheriffs Association and OKOCA

We are in discussions with the Oklahoma Sheriffs Association to have OKOCA representatives in attendance for an August or September seminar they are having which will include a section devoted to OC. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting opportunity. If you have not officially joined...
  7. S

NRA Pistol Courses

I am an NRA Instructor who recently moved to OKC from MI. I am certified in FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation, Basic Pistol Shooting, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection Inside the Home courses. I am interested in finding other instructors and getting involved in teaching these courses. I...
  8. S

The "Castle" Doctrine

imported post It seems to me thatsome hereare justifying the "shoot first" and ask questions later approach regardingtheir home. This is not acceptable to me. I hope it is not acceptableto any jury in this state either. Bad things could happen if this precedent were set. I hope for your sake...
  9. S

45 day limit on CPL application

imported post I am pretty ticked off right now. I called the PA's office today and my CPL application will not be reviewed again until the October (13) gun board meeting. My application has been reviewed and no decision made at the last two meetings (August and September). Obviously, this...
  10. S

Discrimination

imported post This has been bugging me for long enough and I wanna get if off my chest. Would a business get away with prohibiting whites, blacks, hispanics, women, men,sodomites, muslims, jews, christians, etc. from their busines? I'm sure in today's world they would be facing one heck of...
  11. S

The reasonable man.

imported post hopnpop wrote: The "reasonable man" is a very interesting concept. According to the definition the law uses, the "resonable man" is actually the highest standard of evaluation one can apply to someone. This "reasonable man" is so far exalted above what most of us laymen...
  12. S

The Defender's Creed

imported post The Defender's Creed By: John Farnam I accept and understand that human predators exist. Criminal or terrorist, they take advantage of our civilized society to prey upon the weak. They represent evil and must be confronted and defeated. I believe that self-defense is a moral...
  13. S

AG Opinion on OC dating back to 1945

imported post I have not seen this referred to on the forum, so I thought I would submit it for everyone to see that OC has been "legal" at least since 1945. Enjoy. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/agopinions/MI_3158.txt ETA: See below for easier to read version.
  14. S

Misinformation about OC in PFZ

imported post Maybe someone who is better at talking to people without soundingrudecan correct this misinformation. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3630721
  15. S

The "mental illness" question on the CPL application.

imported post Well, here is some case law. This ruling from the MI Supreme Court supports a circuit court's order to a county gun board to issue a CPL to a man who was very clearly a threat to himself and others in the past...
  16. S

MI resident visiting GA

imported post What type of permits or licenses would I need if I want to OC in Georgia during my visit? I am a Michigan resident and OC is legal with no licensing or permit. From what I understand of GA law, there is not aCPL or OC permit, just a permit to carrry, period. That means you can...
  17. S

Sotomayor confirmation hearings

imported post Did anyone else watch Sotomayor dance around Sen. Hatch's questions on the 2nd Amendment? Man, did she ever just refuse to give an answer?
  18. S

An instructor to fully educate CPL candidates

imported post I have completed the courses and paperwork to become a nationally certified NRA firearm instructor. As soon as I get my certificate and license number (about a month from now) I will be running at full speed toward the goal of educatingstudents on the safe storage, handling, and...
  19. S

Coming to Detroit area this weekend.

imported post I will be attending a basketball official's camp in Detroit 19 - 21 June. Anyone in the area that would like to go get a bite to eat some time or something, let me know. I do not know how much time will be "free time" during these days but I would like to meet anyone in the area...
  20. S

Manistee County OC Events

imported post I will be contacting the media for both events within the next few days once moredetails arefinalized and again a few days prior. Anyone have any advice or think they can make it, PM me. 11 July - Bear Lake. This will be held at my home which is on the street they close down...